First post - First pedal - First Problems!

Re: First post - First pedal - First Problems!

Ciaran Haslett
We use DIYLC

Those voltages now look correct but as Savvas said earlier....running your IC with 9V on every pin has probably killed it.  Its good practice to buy at least 2 of every IC or Transistor you need for a build.  That way if you make a mistake you have a spare at hand.  Sometimes they can be dead on arrival (not often but it happens)

Have you checked continuity between each component on each row?

Best way to do this is by looking at your component side
Set DMM to continuity test
Touch one probe to the leg of one component
Touch the other probe to the leg of another component on the same row
Repeat for every component/row

REMEMBER that a cut turns one row into two so treat each side of a cut as separate rows.

The reason for doing this component side is that it will help you find cold solder joints.  If no continuity...resolder.

And again I'd recommend you build an Audio Probe.

Re: First post - First pedal - First Problems!

odellicour
This post was updated on .
Luckily I did buy 2!
I checked every side of the cuts and rows for leaks but I did not find any.
Here is what I will do:
1) try new IC
2) build a probe
3) investigate continuity between components

Re: First post - First pedal - First Problems!

odellicour

Tried new IC. No luck

Luckily I did bought 2!

Le lun. 5 oct. 2015 10:02, Ciaran Haslett [via Guitar FX Layouts] <[hidden email]> a écrit :
[...]

To unsubscribe from First post - First pedal - First Problems!, click here.
NAML
123