First project Jan Ray

heyveno
This post was updated on .
Hi,

It's my first vero pedal ( you will see solders....I have a very bad iron, i need to buy another smaller et better.)

I use this layout :https://tagboardeffects.blogspot.com/2013/03/vemuram-jan-ray.html

I try to make one first with this offboard wiring :https://tagboardeffects.blogspot.com/2012/02/offboard-wiring.html

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GbldegGjOiIu3v3bfSRBbDmJZT50jLbb/view?usp=sharing

Nothing work, just Led.

I thought it's the vero fault, so i try to do another one and i using this wiring :https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-TvLTvJfDxqE/VLVDdmhY8UI/AAAAAAAAAbs/4gZvEL-rWXI/s1600/Capture%2Bd%E2%80%99e%CC%81cran%2B2015-01-13%2Ba%CC%80%2B17.09.47.png

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tBY10cG6liRFGyVLelLdvBskp2vYhNh9/view?usp=sharing

In the two case nothing work, any idea ?

I use a TL072 because im waiting orther IC and a 3K3 for led

Re: First project Jan Ray

You really need to test your builds before you start soldering switches in.  At the moment you could go through the board really carefully but it could be a faulty stomp and you've added another possible cause of failure into the equation.  So in future i'd definitely recommend checking the board works before even looking at the offboard.  Get a breadboard or use terminal blocks to make any temporary connections you require to test.

But with this one we need to check that it is a board fault.  So first thing you need to do is check the DC voltage at every IC pin.  Go and measure them all and post your results here

Re: First project Jan Ray

It looks like the output is connected to the sleeve (ground), not sure about the input

Make sure the jacks are wired correctly

Re: First project Jan Ray

Mulekicker
It's hard to tell, but it also looks like the footswitch may have some problems. If you heat up those pins too much they will pull up and lose contact.

Re: First project Jan Ray

heyveno
Travis wrote
It looks like the output is connected to the sleeve (ground), not sure about the input

Make sure the jacks are wired correctly

Quoted from:
http://guitar-fx-layouts.42897.x6.nabble.com/First-project-Jan-Ray-tp45534p45541.html

 i got sound after doing that

And, 4 of my 5 IC TL072 was dead (i took them on a old amp), it seems to work, even i can't said if it's the good sound ( the last IC is not in very good health)

Re: First project Jan Ray

heyveno
Bad News, hot sound but vert lightning, nous gain.

I made a test box who World, ans a audio prob, hard top fond thé probleme

Re: First project Jan Ray

Marbles
In your picture, are you sure that on the switch nothing is touching?

If it does not sound good, it's usually bridges etc. I'm sure you checked, but could you also post a pic of the bottom of the board? Or is that really impossible? 75% of the time the problem is found on the bottom of the board.

Re: First project Jan Ray

heyveno
i think im a ...

I forgot to put 2&3 to gain to 1 et 2 treeble...

You can kick me.

Re: First project Jan Ray

Marbles
Awesome. Yeah, tricky pot wiring.

Congrats, you just saved yourself 350€

Re: First project Jan Ray

heyveno
Still not working..

Now dos Switch juste work un position one and gain pot juste cut the sound or let or go. .

Im tired

Re: First project Jan Ray

Marbles
Yeah I understand, it can be frustrating. My gf Did not like this hobby starting out. Because my first builds were mostly me red faced, sweaty, throwing parts through my room screaming “why the F does this not work?!”.

In the end, it’s going through that. Believe it or not, you’ll only learn if you persevere.

What I have learned is: use a test box. Not only for yourself, cause you eliminate the possibility of it being the switches and jacks. Which is a huge bonus. You can stripe that off immediately.

The other huge bonus is that you can take clear pictures. Which makes it a lot easier for others to help you.

Another is; if you start, use correct parts and colours as the schematic if possible. Way easier for you to spot mistakes. And if you start out, you will want to be in a situation where the only element that can be wrong is the builder. To add parts in the mix where you’re not sure if they work: not a good idea. Experienced builders will have sleepless nights sometimes only to find out it’s a bad part. So, don’t salvage parts from other devices in the beginning. It will make your life a lot harder. Not worth it, especially for a 50cent part.

So if you can, I would love to see a picture of the bottom. It’s easier to see the placement of the parts. From your earlier picture you might as well miss the top row. It’s hard to spot. Also, try to post pictures that are positioned the exact same as the layout on the page. It makes it easier for you to compare.

Sorry for the long story, but I learned the above things the hard way too. I’m in no way a great builder like others here, but confident enough to not stress out when it doesn’t work, cause there’s always a solution.

We’ll find it ;) if you could post a clearer picture  of the connections and board where every connection is visible, it would be sweet.

Also, if you could set your keyboard to English before typing that would be awesome. It’s really hard to understand what you want sometimes with all the words corrected to French words ;)

Op zo 10 feb. 2019 om 11:01 schreef heyveno [via Guitar FX Layouts] <[hidden email]>
Drill notre working..

Now dos Switch juste work un position one and gain pot juste cut the sound or let or go. .

Im tired

http://guitar-fx-layouts.42897.x6.nabble.com/First-project-Jan-Ray-tp45534p45620.html
To unsubscribe from First project Jan Ray, click here.
NAML

Re: First project Jan Ray

heyveno
This post was updated on .
My Gf too...

here the face :

(a little piece of metal on bottom of IC, just a trash i remove it, no change)

here the back:

i put trimmer on wire because i want to put it on back side :

i boughi new iron and ( yihua 937) to make prope solder made a test box, same probleme in it.

edit : how can i be so stupid.....i see on the picture what wrong....forgot 2 cut....

Re: First project Jan Ray

Marbles
I was just about to tell you the same :D

And i was wondering about the black wire on the left, but yes, missing cuts would be it.

This is why I always take these pics too. For some reason you will look at it differently. Half of the time you'll see it before you post it.

It does look a tad messy, but let's see where adding the cuts leads too.

Re: First project Jan Ray

heyveno
it's work perfectly now, thx all.

Just a probleme with DC power jack, but i will change it

Re: First project Jan Ray

Marbles
Awesome! Good to hear.

On to the next one :)

Re: First project Jan Ray

heyveno
yeah next, a little green wonder.!!

Re: First project Jan Ray

heyveno
hey guys, have another pb with the bass pot, it seems to do nothing when it's not 100% on.

I try to change it, nothing..

Re: First project Jan Ray

Marbles
Did you connect lug 1 and 2 of the pot?