For Cello...Preamp and/or Effect

spacefuzz74
Hello all,

Been building effects and some pre-amps for a short while in attempts to find a sound i like for my cello.  the cello is fitted with piezos that i built, and i currently am running through the echoplex clone (pre-amp) and the em-drive clone.

this set-up sounds fine, but i was hoping someone here has attempted adding effects to a cello (or similar).  i'm also not looking for any "specific" sound...distortion/overdrive is welcome.

any suggestions out here?  what sounds good with this big string instrument?  maybe the Sagrado Poblano Picoso?

i'm going to keep the search on  regardless, because building these boxes is fun and addictive.

so, give me a shout if you have any ideas or tips!

Thanks!

Re: For Cello...Preamp and/or Effect

Synsound
I bet an envelope filter would be sweet. Something like the Mu-Tron "Micro V"/ Madbean "Kraken".
Give a man a match and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
KT

Re: For Cello...Preamp and/or Effect

KT
There are also some youtube video on cello and a big muff I think

Re: For Cello...Preamp and/or Effect

spacefuzz74
perfect.  thanks!

i'm going to build up the Kraken and see how that turns out.

Re: For Cello...Preamp and/or Effect

Neil mcNasty
This one: http://tagboardeffects.blogspot.no/2015/01/hpf-technology-hpf-pre-2.html
It is meant for Double Bass with piezo pickups and is designed to have great ability to handle feedback issues in live situations. (probably a nice feature if you are going to use distortion and fuzz)

Re: For Cello...Preamp and/or Effect

spacefuzz74
yes!  i didn't see this one.  looks like exactly the pre-amp i need.  thanks!