Forum adjustments and improvements.

Re: Forum adjustments and improvements.

motterpaul
I have a simple suggestion after a few months of using this site - one thing I cannot do is search for circuits based upon the components they use - for example, if I want to find something that uses a specific transistor or chip.

The reason is that these are always specified in the pictures of the layouts - not in the searchable text.

I don't think you need to list every component in every circuit (as you commonly see in schematics) - but if the IC, transistors and maybe any special clipping diodes or other unusual parts you may need could be listed in the description, then I could put "TL071" or "2n7000" in the search box and find every circuit that uses these parts.

Re: Forum adjustments and improvements.

motterpaul
"Yes it's the fixed width of the template in blogspot.  When I'm looking at the forum I go direct to the nabble link which is:  http://guitar-fx-layouts.42897.x6.nabble.com"

Just FYI - that URL is good - but the linkk is bad (you need to copy & paste it to make it work).

I also have not been able to embed YouTube videos - and help there? Also - it is not possible to upload pictures, correct?

Re: Forum adjustments and improvements.

if you look on the top above where you type in your post there is a button that says "Embed". if you click it it will tell you about embedding, click ok and you'll get
""

just put the youtube link in between the two  scripts.

Re: Forum adjustments and improvements.

motterpaul
HI - I tried the embed for YouTube before and it did not work for me, I will try it again.

<nabble_embed>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPDCmoV30XM</nabble_embed>

This above is all I get. I tried other tricks (just using the part after V=, for example, as in VBulletin. No luck).

Re: Forum adjustments and improvements.

if that doesn't work, right click on the video and click on "copy embed code". paste that between the two . and you'll get it. like below

Re: Forum adjustments and improvements.

RomesInMil
Since I am not so much of a vero guy, I would love a schematics page on a site as positive as this.

Re: Forum adjustments and improvements.

Dex3887
Most schematics aren't ours that's why the main page doesn't have them, but a quick Google search will yield literally millions of pages. Check the usual places : freestompboxes.org , diystompboxes.com and then there's places that are schematic repositories. Fuzz central and geofex have a lot. If you want to find them you can.
123