Foxx Select-a-fuzz

PMowdes

Anyone got a lead on this elusive as hell pedal???

Dino and I have a trace from an image on effects database but alas no idea what the component values are.

Willing to pay in blood / coin / pcbs for a component side pcb image.

Re: Foxx Select-a-fuzz

digi2t
This post was updated on .
Breadboard test of the Foxx Select-a-Fuzz. Thanks to he-that-shall-remain-nameless. PCB's coming to Dead End FX soonish.

Re: Foxx Select-a-fuzz

Frank_NH
Very nice, and I'm not a big fuzz user (though I love the superfuzz and silicon tone benders)!

Re: Foxx Select-a-fuzz

anders

Re: Foxx Select-a-fuzz

Mulekicker
Me too! Thanks guys!

Re: Foxx Select-a-fuzz

aelling
digi2t wrote
Breadboard test of the Foxx Select-a-Fuzz. Thanks to he-that-shall-remain-nameless. PCB's coming to Dead End FX soonish.

I see you posted the schematic on the other forum, do you have a vero layout ready? If not I have one just about done, just going over the switch wiring. I guess it would be something like this where you just use half the switch right? http://beavisaudio.com/techpages/switches/img/tonestack.gif

Re: Foxx Select-a-fuzz

anders
Working on a layout with input caps onboard and will post it shortly *still stoked*.

Re: Foxx Select-a-fuzz

digi2t
This post was updated on .
Not verified yet. I've included a reverse image for the cuts layout. Beware of hidden cut beneath R7!

I've laid this out for the big button type transistors (2N3569), but 2N3903's sound killer in this. A tad more dynamic, and a bit more harmonic content. They are my preferred in here. I used a Russian D9E diode in the demo. It's shaves a bit more of the high end edge off. The Fuzz control should be labelled "Attack" instead, since that's what gets affected here. You either get a bright attack, or a mellow attack.

Here's the scheme;

Re: Foxx Select-a-fuzz

aelling
Thanks again for your work on this one Dino

You seem to have C2 listed as a 1nF on the vero layout and a 10nF in the schematic, seeing that C1 is 4.7nF I assume 10nF is correct?

Re: Foxx Select-a-fuzz

digi2t
Oups! Yes, 10n is correct for C2. Sorry about that. I'll fix it as soon as I can.

Re: Foxx Select-a-fuzz

digi2t
Vero corrected.