Fulldrive2 replacement

toddvirgil
So I've got a fulltone fulldrive 2 (MOSFET) sitting on my board, and it takes up a lot of room -- I don't love the boost channel on it. Does anyone know a circuit on here that gets pretty close to the sound of the overdrive section of the fulldrive?

Re: Fulldrive2 replacement

ichilton
Build your own FD2 in a smaller box - they easily fit into a 1590BB and i've started work on building one into a 125B (Boss sized box) which is going to be tight with the boost side in too.

The Madbean Deadringer is a Fulldrive 2 Mosfet: http://www.madbeanpedals.com/projects/Deadringer/docs/DeadRinger.pdf

..or there is a vero layout on Sabrotone:
http://www.sabrotone.com/?attachment_id=1084

I've built the Deadringer, but not tried the vero yet.

Ian

Re: Fulldrive2 replacement

Ross
The Fulldrive is little more than a modded Tube Screamer, so you can probably modify one of the 808 veros here to sound like your original.

Re: Fulldrive2 replacement

ichilton
Yep, sorry, I should have said that too.

There is a schematic in the DeadRinger PDF, or a non-mosfet one here:
http://www.generalguitargadgets.com/diagrams/fulldrive_2.jpg

and compare it to:
http://www.muzique.com/schem/ts808.gif

Ian

Re: Fulldrive2 replacement

toddvirgil
Sweet, thanks for the tips gents... I haven't spent much time learning the inner workings of these circuits, so maybe this is a good one to start studying... Locating the differences between the fulldrive and the 808 maybe. Fun times :)