Fuzz Factory Shots

Chad66
Wondering if someone can post some shots of their fuzz factory build. Just built it today, but I don't think the offboard wiring is correct. This is only my second build. I didn't have any problems with the first one, but it was a kit. Is the offboard wiring in the guide the same for all pedals on this site.

Re: Fuzz Factory Shots

Hozy31
Hey Chad,

Yes, unless stated all pedals use the offboard wiring guide here http://tagboardeffects.blogspot.co.uk/2012/02/offboard-wiring.html. Hope you manage to sort it out.

Hoz
"Red velvet lines the black box"

Re: Fuzz Factory Shots

Hi Chad, welcome to the forum.

As Hozy says, follow the offboard wiring guide he has linked to, and you won't go wrong. If you have successfully done it following a kit's instructions, you can do it using the link.

Two things though, make sure the circuit works before you do the offboard wiring - it will save an awful lot of grief if you do. If you find it does not work properly after wiring it into the enclosure, it's really hard to determine if the mistake is due to an error on the vero board, or the offboard wiring.

Secondly, ensure that all the ground wires are connected properly, and that every ground point show continuity with a multimeter. This is crucial as it may not work right, or hum like crazy, if you don't.

If you have any problems, get back to us for help.

Re: Fuzz Factory Shots

Muadzin
External wiring of a FF inside a guitar:

Only the comp and stab pots were done with traditional pots, the rest with set and forget trimpots.

Re: Fuzz Factory Shots

Synsound
Sweet. I've been wanting to try something like that. I just need to settle in on what circuit.
BTW what's the other board?
Give a man a match and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Re: Fuzz Factory Shots

Muadzin
Synsound wrote
Sweet. I've been wanting to try something like that. I just need to settle in on what circuit.
BTW what's the other board?

Fernandes Sustainer FS-101. No more ebows for this guy.