Fuzz face help

Jackh5445
So I've been messing with a simple fuzz face on a breadboard for a couple of days. I've got something I like and I want to put it on a veroboard. Now, there's something about a horizontal line that has confused me no end.

I've drawn a schematic which hopefully makes sense (I'm new to this) and was hoping someone could help transfer this to a veroboard. Or give any advice on getting my head around the conversion process.

Thanks.

1603288237360979992328770906946.jpg

Re: Fuzz face help

There are mistakes in your schematic but there are several versions of the fuzz face layout where you could substitute your part values.

Are you trying to do a “pregain” pot or an “input cap blend”?

Re: Fuzz face help

Jackh5445
Thanks for the reply.

Yes there should be a connection between transistors
Which other mistakes did you find for future reference?

I'm using it as a blend for the input capacitors. It's working well on the breadboard but I'm not sure how to implement it on the veroboard.

Could I connect the wiper to the input and the two remaining wires to each capacitors? The circuit then continuing through the 2.2uf cap and beyond?

That's the plan anyway.

Cheers.

Re: Fuzz face help

Check out the schematic in the second post to correct your input cap blend

https://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=97724.0

Second mistake is the missing connection you mentioned.

Third is the 300pf cap connected only to itself. Should be between base and collector most likely

On Q2 collector I can’t see if that’s a 33K or 3.3K, but if it’s 33K that’s an unusual choice there.

On the volume pot you show lugs 2 and 3 linked. Maybe you like the way it works in the Zonk Machine or something and did that on purpose. Otherwise it’s better not to

Re: Fuzz face help

Feral Feline
I found Joe Gore's explanation of the input-cap blend in his Bulk Fuzz tutorial helpful.

https://www.tonefiend.com/wp-content/uploads/DIY-Club-Project-2-v02.pdf