Gain Stage HELP

matthew1234
Is it possible to properly feed a transistor gain stage into a CD4049 chip gain stage? for example adding transistor gain stage into The Great Destroyer circuit.

Thank you

Re: Gain Stage HELP

What do you want to accomplish with the additional gain stage?

Re: Gain Stage HELP

matthew1234
I want More distortion/fuzz

On Sun, Apr 1, 2018, 3:12 PM Travis [via Guitar FX Layouts], <[hidden email]> wrote:
What do you want to accomplish with the additional gain stage?

http://guitar-fx-layouts.42897.x6.nabble.com/Gain-Stage-HELP-tp42456p42458.html
To unsubscribe from Gain Stage HELP, click here.
NAML

Re: Gain Stage HELP

Do you want the pedal to oscillate the way it normally does?

The problem that I see is that this pedal will most likely not oscillate the same way or may not oscillate at all with an additional gain stage at the front

Re: Gain Stage HELP

matthew1234
That's okay, I don't need it to oscillate :)

On Sun, Apr 1, 2018, 3:29 PM Travis [via Guitar FX Layouts], <[hidden email]> wrote:
Do you want the pedal to oscillate the way it normally does?

The problem that I see is that this pedal will most likely not oscillate the same way or may not oscillate at all with an additional gain stage at the front

http://guitar-fx-layouts.42897.x6.nabble.com/Gain-Stage-HELP-tp42456p42460.html
To unsubscribe from Gain Stage HELP, click here.
NAML

Re: Gain Stage HELP

An easy cheap way to do this would be to connect an LPB-1 circuit to the input of the great destroyer.

Re: Gain Stage HELP

matthew1234
That's a great idea actually! Thank you so much!!!

On Sun, Apr 1, 2018, 3:34 PM Travis [via Guitar FX Layouts], <[hidden email]> wrote:
An easy cheap way to do this would be to connect an LPB-1 circuit to the input of the great destroyer.

http://guitar-fx-layouts.42897.x6.nabble.com/Gain-Stage-HELP-tp42456p42462.html
To unsubscribe from Gain Stage HELP, click here.
NAML

Re: Gain Stage HELP

matthew1234

Is this how it should look? I changed the gain stage a bit.

Thank you!

Re: Gain Stage HELP

Sorry, no that isn’t correct

Here’s the schematic to the LPB

Re: Gain Stage HELP

matthew1234
I based it on this similar schematic instead

http://guitar-fx-layouts.42897.x6.nabble.com/Gain-Stage-HELP-tp42456p42654.html
To unsubscribe from Gain Stage HELP, click here.
NAML

Screenshot_20180411-102310.png (114K) Download Attachment

Re: Gain Stage HELP

Neither the component values or connections in your schematic match the LPB-1

I will probably have time this weekend to draw up a layout including the LPB>Great Destroyer this weekend if you don’t mind waiting for that

Re: Gain Stage HELP

matthew1234
Thank you very much. I appreciate that

On Wed, Apr 11, 2018, 12:30 PM Travis [via Guitar FX Layouts], <[hidden email]> wrote:
Neither the component values or connections in your schematic match the LPB-1

I will probably have time this weekend to draw up a layout including the LPB>Great Destroyer this weekend if you don’t mind waiting for that

http://guitar-fx-layouts.42897.x6.nabble.com/Gain-Stage-HELP-tp42456p42657.html
To unsubscribe from Gain Stage HELP, click here.
NAML

Re: Gain Stage HELP

matthew1234

I corrected the schematic.

Re: Gain Stage HELP

Could you please link the boost schematic that you used?

Re: Gain Stage HELP

matthew1234
https://www.premierguitar.com/ext/resources/files/DIY-PDFs/Oct14_PGDistortion_BuildGuide_Final_R2.pdf

It is in this PDF article by Premier Guitar on building a DIY distortion pedal [ Page 19 ].

I Changed the value of the Transistor to ground resistor to modify the gain.

The schematics I used for TGD are

http://musikding.rocks/wbb/index.php/Attachment/356440-DGD-GIF/

http://www.luciferstrip.com/fuzz/greatdestroyer.jpg

Re: Gain Stage HELP

matthew1234
Hey,

If possible, could you please convert the schematic to veroboard layout?
Thank you very much!
Matt

Re: Gain Stage HELP

For sure buddy I should be able to do it tomorrow or Sunday

Re: Gain Stage HELP

matthew1234
Thank you so much. I really appreciate it

Re: Gain Stage HELP

matthew1234
Hey, did you get a chance to look at it on the weekend?

Re: Gain Stage HELP

I basically copied Mark's layout, grounded unused inputs, and added the gain stage at the input. I used the first schemaic in your link which is just the gain stage, it doesn't have a gainvolume control for that stage. We could add a gain control there if you need it
12