Ghost Effects Lunar Incantation

anders
This post was updated on .
Ghost effects take on Rosac Nu Fuzz with a Fuzzrite Depth control. It's verified and it's sounds awesome! Both splatty 60's filth fuzz and thick heavy fuzz with a twist of the tone knob.

http://www.ghosteffects.co.uk/pdf/ghosteffects_lunar_incantation_pcb_guide.pdf

*EDIT*
Here is a smaller and neater layout, verified by Sphere80, thanks buddy!

At the bottom of the PDF document there is a schematic of the Rosac Nu Fuzz so I did a vero of that one too. The resisitor values seems odd, though.

Re: Ghost Effects Lunar Incantation

Hozy31
Thanks Anders,

Built this today as a quick one as trying to debug some others and its a good sounding fuzz with good gain. Tone seems to dip ever so slightly in mid spot but other than that am quite pleased with this.
"Red velvet lines the black box"

Must add i am not just pleased with it i am loving it, its a great pedal. Must add my voltage near the end of my chain is only 8.2v as i currently have 45 pedals on me floor so that may make it different slightly. Yes i am a pedal junky!
"Red velvet lines the black box"

Re: Ghost Effects Lunar Incantation

Synsound
Good to hear. This is on my short list. I'm hoping it will have that heavy grunt like in the demos I heard.
Give a man a match and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Cool Which trannys did you ended up with?

Re: Ghost Effects Lunar Incantation

Synsound
Just knocked this one out as shown in the layout. It works fine and is pretty low noise. The only downside for me is that it is too bright for my taste. I may go back and try other trannies hand see what happens.
Give a man a match and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Re: Ghost Effects Lunar Incantation

Synsound
What cap or caps would you recommend swapping for a darker sound?
Give a man a match and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Re: Ghost Effects Lunar Incantation

I would think upping the 47nF input cap should make a big difference, that's pretty small. The coupling cap is 100nF, which isn't that large either, but may not be an issue. See first what happens with a larger input cap, maybe try 100nF, if that doesn't do what you want try rising the coupling cap, of that doesn't do it, then try the two caps in the depth control.

Remember, this is basically a Si fuzzrite with a tone pot, which in certain setting is really gritty, dirty, and nasty like 60's garage psych rock and in the other there a more gnarly deep fuzz that has a bit of an octave effect to my ears.

I used gain matched BC108s for my build. I don't find mine that bright but i may mess with the caps to see what it changes.
"Red velvet lines the black box"

Re: Ghost Effects Lunar Incantation

Synsound
Thanks rocket. I'll fool around with that input tonight and possibly put in a switch. It's not in any way bad as is. I just wanted to see if I could get a bit more low end.
Give a man a match and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Re: Ghost Effects Lunar Incantation

Synsound
As an update: I fooled around with the input. I have used a DPDT on off on and put the stock 47N center and used a 220n on one side and a 100n on the other. I find there are differences but I'm not convinced that they will be overwhelmingly useful. My ultimate decision will be based on space.  As a measure to make the hobby more cost efficient I am trying to fit as much as I can in every enclosure. I try to stick with 150B boxes and that allows me up to 6 controls and two foot switches. So the end result will come down to space. On top of that I try to combine/ stack circuits in such a way that the accompanying effect may serve to complement the other by way of tone or gain controllability.
Over all I really enjoy this one and I'm sure it will find its way into a box sooner than later.
Thank you for sharing and for the help fellas.
Give a man a match and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Re: Ghost Effects Lunar Incantation

Yo guys just a heads up I'm pretty sure the Rosac schem is unverified and probably incorrect

Also, the 47n is fine, to increase bass you'd want to up the 2n2 and 1n

Re: Ghost Effects Lunar Incantation

anders
I uploaded a smaller layout abobe which is already verified by Sphere80.

Re: Ghost Effects Lunar Incantation

Mulekicker
Very nice. I'm gonna build this and put it in the box I had my GB 88 in (for the life of me I cant get that one sounding right, I give up!) I used to own the EQD Spires and while I wasn't knocked out by the fuzz face side, I really miss the nu fuzz side. Thanks Anders!

Re: Ghost Effects Lunar Incantation

Mulekicker
...and done. Works as advertised. Used 2 bc108b's, 285 and 288 hfe respectively.  Thanks!

Re: Ghost Effects Lunar Incantation

Fuzzard
I’m planning on building the nu-Fuzz board this weekend. I had an original nu-Fuzz and I leant it to a friend. I have been chasing the dragon ever since

Re: Ghost Effects Lunar Incantation

Fuzzard
The Rosac Nu Fuzz layout works so iI can “verify” it works.

I used a pair of 2n3904’s for Q1 and Q2

I also used a 750k for the 788k and 740k; a 620k in place of the 626k and a 43k instead of a 42k

Sounds good - I am gonna mess around with different transistors but so far so good!