HBE Hematoma

johnk
I'm currently drawing up a vero for this one but I really think that IvIark could do ALOT better job of making it more compact & smaller. here's the schematic for it:

http://johnkvintageguitars.homestead.com/Effects/Fuzz-ODs/Hematoma/Hematoma.png

there's only one cap value that is unknown (coupling cap coming out of the MPSA18), but I would imagine anything from 22n-220n would work well and i'm willing to experiment with that one anywaty.

Re: HBE Hematoma

johnk
Nevermind! I just finished building it up and testing the vero that I drew up for it and it works perfect. Stock, it was a little too dark for my taste (and I've heard that others think so too) so I modded mine for more top end and it's a very nice sounding bass overdrive now.

Re: HBE Hematoma

Sorry John I missed this one.  I may still do it though, I like the look of the circuit and it's always worth adding things like this to the library

Re: HBE Hematoma

johnk
that's cool. my vero came out a little large (27 x13) but since it's going in a 1590 with two footswitches, it didn't matter to me if it was super small. i'm sure you could shrink it down more.

Re: HBE Hematoma

johnk
I haven't labeled it yet, but I did get a chance to mount it in an enclosure. IMO, this thing sounds really good for bass.

gut shot:

Re: HBE Hematoma

johnk
DONE!

Re: HBE Hematoma

Nice job John

Re: HBE Hematoma

Daemons
John, your clones look amazing. Seriously.. great job. I haven't painted any of my pedals yet, and I can only wish for them to look this good. Do you have a thread somewhere on how you finish them?

On another note, I just want to point out something you might want to change. The 'original' traced layout has an error. R13 (1k5) connected to C6 (0.47uF) does not connect to where the schematic shows, but should connect to pin 2 of the OpAmp.  Hematoma error

IvIark, I left a message on tagboardeffects a few days ago regarding this but I guess you haven't seen it yet. It affects the vero layout, but easily fixed I believe.

I've redrawn the schematic and added full pinouts for the footswitches. I'm waiting on the author of original tracing before posting it.

Dae.

Re: HBE Hematoma

johnk
Hi Dae,
yeah i saw your post and made the corrections on mine. thanks.
i don't have a thread on how i finish my pedals.
the powder coated color ones are just ordered pre-powder coated from pedalpartsplus, smallbear and mammoth electronics. then i use a P-Touch labeler for the labels.
lately, i've been etching the enclosures for most of them but still do the labeled ones once in a while.

best,
john

On 8/22/2015 8:52 PM, Daemons [via Guitar FX Layouts] wrote:
John, your clones look amazing. Seriously.. great job. I haven't painted any of my pedals yet, and I can only wish for them to look this good. Do you have a thread somewhere on how you finish them?

On another note, I just want to point out something you might want to change. The 'original' traced layout has an error. R13 (1k5) connected to C6 (0.47uF) does not connect to where the schematic shows, but should connect to pin 2 of the OpAmp.  Hematoma error

IvIark, I left a message on tagboardeffects a few days ago regarding this but I guess you haven't seen it yet. It affects the vero layout, but easily fixed I believe.

I've redrawn the schematic and added full pinouts for the footswitches. I'm waiting on the author of original tracing before posting it.

Dae.

http://guitar-fx-layouts.42897.x6.nabble.com/HBE-Hematoma-tp1327p23821.html
To unsubscribe from HBE Hematoma, click here.
NAML

Re: HBE Hematoma

Daemons
johnk wrote
Hi Dae,
yeah i saw your post and made the corrections on mine. thanks.
Oh good.  Did you notice any change? Does it work better?
johnk wrote
the powder coated color ones are just ordered pre-powder coated from
pedalpartsplus, smallbear and mammoth electronics. then i use a P-Touch
labeler for the labels.
lately, i've been etching the enclosures for most of them but still do
the labeled ones once in a while.
Ah man.. you should have lied.  LOL They look great.
I guess the powder coating is what makes it look so professional. I know you can make that at home, but it's a lot of work. I'm gonna try just base coating the aluminum and then painting (using spray cans) and hopefully get a nice finish. Then I'll just have to post some photos of my finished ones, and hopefully it wont be for it's shameful result.

Dae.