Harmonic Percolator

Mulekicker
I ordered some trannies and diodes from small bear to build a couple harmonic percolators yesterday. Gonna use the layout here, has anyone used the Steve Albini values from the Madbean Pepperspray? If so, have you compared it to the values here or on the standard Pepperspray? I'll probably build both, just wanted some feedback on what people who've built em prefer.

Re: Harmonic Percolator

BetterOffShred
I put the input and output caps on a DPDT with the stock values and then grossly upsized values (220n and 1uf if memory serves)  also I'd downsize that 91k power supply resistor .. I put a 100k trimmer on a board with some flying wires and adjusted it to taste for my transistor set.

But no, I have not tried Albini values .. sorry

Re: Harmonic Percolator

Addy Bart
Built both and expected more of a difference than I got. Although the 2n404 transistors I used probably had too much gain. I’d echo the suggestion to use a trimmer or lay it out on breadboard first and tweak the values until you’re happy.

Re: Harmonic Percolator

Mulekicker
Thanks, yeah, looks like sockets will be my friend on this one.