Has anyone done a Monte Allums mod?

piltdownman
I just finished the MA mod for the Boss SD1 and I hope I did something wrong because it sounds worse than the original.  I'm not poo pooing the product, I am assuming I mixed something up.  It's a situation where I really don't feel like troubleshooting it right now, so it will sit on the bench until I get around to it.  Does anyone have any experience with his mods?  Just for grins.
Keith

Re: Has anyone done a Monte Allums mod?

Have you got details of the mod mate?  I wouldn't mind adding layouts for all the common mods based on the stock layouts we've already got here.  So details of any more like the Keeley mods would be great if anyone else can comment.

Re: Has anyone done a Monte Allums mod?

Geiri
Have you guys tried any of Wamplers mods that he published in his book about modding pedals? I've got it on .pdf and I've tried a lot of Boss mods. They're all pretty solid!
www.pedalprojects.com
www.facebook.com/pedalprojects

Re: Has anyone done a Monte Allums mod?

iggy
ive got a sd1 with an allums mod. I didn't do the install but could probably list the differences from stock.

Re: Has anyone done a Monte Allums mod?

That would be cool if you could mate

Re: Has anyone done a Monte Allums mod?

iggy
No problem. Give me a couple days and i'll post it on here.

Re: Has anyone done a Monte Allums mod?

iggy
here's what i found comparing to a stock sd1. please note this modded unit also has a true bypass I believe.

D4, d5 & d6 changed to 4002's
c-1, c2, c3 & c8 panasonic metalized caps #104
c6 remove
c7 tant cap 104
c10 tant cap either 7901 or 106L hard to read big for a tant thou
c9, c18 & c19 box film/metal 47n J yellow boxes
Q2 remove
q1 remove & jumper 1 & 3 pins
r16 carbon comp looks like brown/black/brown
r17 carbon comp looks like brown/blk/Yellow or gold hard to tell on these
wire at 14 & 16 removed

Hopefully i got this right. Please note i didn't do the install, but it looks similar to a standard SD1 mod kit.

missed one
r2 now carbon film red/red/red

Re: Has anyone done a Monte Allums mod?

piltdownman
Turns out I had a transistor that he uses as a diode oriented the wrong way.  The pedal does sound really good.  Smooth and creamy overdrive.  Well worth the money when you figure I paid $40 for the pedal and $20 for the kit.
Keith