Hey, ya'll, prepare yourselves...

Heath
...for these circuit boards, maaaan.
You never heard a sound like these PCBs, man
You're bound to lose control
When the soldering iron starts to glow
Oh, Lord, these boards is outta sight
Every little trace
Printed out nice and bright

Aww yeah.

The postal guy just made his rounds:

From left to mufuggin right, we gots: MadBean Aquaboy Deluxe, MadBean Dirtbaby, ROG/1776 Thunderbird, ROG/1776 Britannia.

We about to rock these circuits out
To make the latest sounds
Guaranteed to blow your mind
So high, you wont come down...

Hey, ya'll, prepare yourselves.

Re: Hey, ya'll, prepare yourselves...

Frank_NH
HA!  I'm down with this, as I have just received the final components in the mail for my T-bird!  Check it out...

Since I live here in snowy New Hampshire, I will have some time tomorrow to do some building as I ride out the storm (assuming my power stays on!).  So I accept your challenge Heath, and hereby commence --- THE GREAT BLIZZARD BUILD-OFF - 2015!

Re: Hey, ya'll, prepare yourselves...

Muadzin
Sweet! I've also gotten the Dirtbaby. Looking forward to build it once the parts arrive. The T-bird also looks promising, although where do you guys plan to source the 1N5711 diodes. Almost none of the usual suspects seems to offer them. And you know you're dealing with rare stuff when even Smallbear doesn't stock it. So far the only supplier I've found seems to be Banzai.

Re: Hey, ya'll, prepare yourselves...

Frank_NH
Hi Muadzin,

I got my 1N5711 diodes from eBay (hence the mail package you see in the photo) along with the tantalum caps (needed to source 35V or better).  Everything else I got from Smallbear Electronics, including the cute 9mm PC mount pots.

I'll post some pictures when I have the board populated.

By the way there is an unverified Thunderbird vero in the Contributions section.  Anyone want to take a crack at that?

Re: Hey, ya'll, prepare yourselves...

Heath
Muadzin wrote
Sweet! I've also gotten the Dirtbaby. Looking forward to build it once the parts arrive. The T-bird also looks promising, although where do you guys plan to source the 1N5711 diodes. Almost none of the usual suspects seems to offer them. And you know you're dealing with rare stuff when even Smallbear doesn't stock it. So far the only supplier I've found seems to be Banzai.
I ordered some here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/361095753511

So it will be a little while before I can build it.  There are probably some substitutes that would work, but after paying for a PCB I'm determined to play it safe.  If I built the one on Vero I'd be more likely to experiment (another good ting about stripboard).

Still, I imagine if you socket those diodes on the PCB and compare some values you could probably find something close and more easily available.

Re: Hey, ya'll, prepare yourselves...

Muadzin
Sweet! Added that one to my eBay wishlist.

Re: Hey, ya'll, prepare yourselves...

Heath
By the way, if anyone was curious about the insane rambling in my initial post....

Re: Hey, ya'll, prepare yourselves...