Hovercraft Ionostrofear - Verified

anders
This post was updated on .
Schematic at PedalPCB

*Edit* - Now verified, thanks Alex!
Also updated a cap value

Re: Hovercraft Ionostrofear

Sphere80
This post was updated on .
HEAVY !!

Re: Hovercraft Ionostrofear

music6000
Top Left 100nF Capacitor from 1k resistor to Ground is 180nF In Schematic.

Re: Hovercraft Ionostrofear

anders
Nice catch, layout is updated, just built and it sounds almost identical with iether 100nF or 180nF.

Re: Hovercraft Ionostrofear - Verified

Trevor w
Would you happen to have a shot of how you wires up all the jacks and the input switch?

Re: Hovercraft Ionostrofear - Verified

ibanez48
Go to the pedal PCb link Above in the first post. Shows wiring.

Re: Hovercraft Ionostrofear - Verified

Trevor w
Clicked the link and there is nothing about wiring, also the layout on that page is different than this one, a shot of everything wired up or a direction to a link that works would be rad!
Thanks

Re: Hovercraft Ionostrofear - Verified

Teddeeh
Theres multiple ways of wiring up dude. I prefer the method on this site. But to each their own.

Give one a go. If any problems im sure peeps will help.

Re: Hovercraft Ionostrofear - Verified

ibanez48
This post was updated on .
The link above has a wiring diagram for the jacks and input switch. Just take the input and output from the layout above and wire it to the switch in the link. The only other thing you need is to wire the pots up. If you look at the schematic in the link above at the pots they say 123. If you look at pot from the topside the pot lugs from left to right are 123. Hope that helps. Or u can go to the home page and look at the off board wiring it will have everything you need.

Re: Hovercraft Ionostrofear - Verified

Trevor w
It's so odd because when I click on the link it only takes me to more layouts and for some reason I can't find anything on there that you're talking about, thanks so much though!

Re: Hovercraft Ionostrofear - Verified

Trevor w
I got it! Didn't see the guitar PCB link at the top, thank you! Found everything I needed and the how to for the 3PDT Switch on here as well!! Thanks a again for all your help guys!

Re: Hovercraft Ionostrofear - Verified

Trevor w
So I can't for the life of me find a 180nf(.18uf) ceramic disc capacitor, where are you guys getting yours from, also would a box type 150nf work as a replacement? I do have a bunch of the box type, can they be used instead of the ceramic disc type, they are all 100v.
Thanks again!

Re: Hovercraft Ionostrofear - Verified

ibanez48
U can try 150nf see how it works. Tayda/mouser/eBay/Jameco they all sell 180nf.

I used  a 100n ceramic in my build pic, but later added an 82n.
 If you have a 33n, tie the legs around it and add it parallel with your 150n. Film is fine, I just used what I had at the time to make it work.

Re: Hovercraft Ionostrofear - Verified

Trevor w
Rad thanks again guys! I hope you don't mind all my noob questions, just trying to learn as much as I can!