How are the LDRs for sale over at Tayda?

How are the LDRs for sale over at Tayda?

Sensei Tim
do they have a decent range suitable for optical compressors or vibratos?

Re: How are the LDRs for sale over at Tayda?

they work well for the mutron imho. only thing i can comment about them since that the only time i've used them so far.

Re: How are the LDRs for sale over at Tayda?

It's hard to say if they're good or bad because it all depends on what you're building.

I've used them in a couple Mutron Phasor II builds, and with them and a diffused yellow LED it sounds really, really close to my original Mutron.

All in all I'd say the ones from Tayda are a great value, but you need to stock up on several different LDR types and different types of LEDs to get the best results for various builds

Re: How are the LDRs for sale over at Tayda?

Pavlos
I got my LDR's on evilbay from a seller in Northern Ireland, nice guy and easy to deal with but he does seemto be a bit baffled when it comes to processing paypal transactions. Main thing is they were dirt cheap and they've all worked perfectly so far. I'll have a look back through my history and pass on his details if anyone is interested?
mug

Re: How are the LDRs for sale over at Tayda?

mug
Have used the Tayda LDR in DeadAstronaut's Tremshifter (layout from freppos site) with a green standard LED and it works nicely.

Re: How are the LDRs for sale over at Tayda?

motterpaul
I have a batch for Tayda and also some cheap ones from eBay, and as far as I can tell there is no difference. They look and seem to spec out the same - with a pretty surprisingly wide range of resistance depending on the amount of light they get.

Re: How are the LDRs for sale over at Tayda?

BetterOffShred
I have used them in a couple things, like the Clari(not), but they don't work in compressors that I've tried. I mean they work, but they are the wrong value Light and dark, so it sounds weird.

Re: How are the LDRs for sale over at Tayda?

Ciaran Haslett
Hi Pavlos

I'm in Derry in the north.  Can you send me a link to that seller you used?  A local source would be great.  If he's close enough I could even do pickup.  Cheers

Re: How are the LDRs for sale over at Tayda?

Pavlos
Hi Ciaran, I'm near Grimsby on the east coast of England. The seller is Belfast though, so unless you fancy a drive out then you might be better off letting him post them, and at £1.85 including p&p for 10 I don't think that's too bad. Link to the listing below and even though it's not much, it's nice to be able to give something back to the site

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10-x-LDR-G5528-Light-Dependent-Resistor-Photoresistor-Arduino-Raspberry-UK-stock-/172370166973?hash=item28221004bd:g:dcwAAOSwnipWXHhE