How much current can these vero boards handle ?

How much current can these vero boards handle ?

alltrax74
The title says it all
I'm planning to build simple (low wattage, 20w max) attenuators on vero boards where I could solder a rotary switch (to select the attenuation level, I use a bridge T schematic)
Dissipating 20w is not nothing, hence the question
Thanks

Re: How much current can these vero boards handle ?

I can't find anything that even gives an estimate of the current you could put through veroboard so I'm just not sure.  May be worth asking Vero Technologies what they recommend as a maximum

Re: How much current can these vero boards handle ?

alltrax74

Re: How much current can these vero boards handle ?

PStevenson

as it happens this is something I've messed around with - I made a heater using a piece of stripboard - I didn't coat the strips and I ran 10 volts at 2.5 amps through it which made it warm up as intended but didn't burn up any strips

if you coat the "high energy" strips with solder then you should happily be able to handle 3 amps maybe more
www.paulinthelab.com - Stripboard Layouts

Re: How much current can these vero boards handle ?

alltrax74
That's good to know, thanks PStevenson