Ibanez EM5 Echo Machine simplified

reddesert
The EM5 uses a M65831 delay chip that is available again. The full schematic is pretty complex as it uses an oscillator to vary the delay chip's clock rate. DIYstompboxes user gcwills made a simpler version that eliminates the Ibanez soft-switching and the oscillator - instead of the oscillator, he uses a LC resonant circuit to set a fixed frequency, and then uses a binary coded switch to choose the delay time. You should get 16 discrete delay times. The original and modded schematics are at https://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=118923.20 .

I made a vero layout of the gcwills version. This is unverified because I don't have the delay chip. The only unusual parts used are the M65831, the binary coded rotary switch (try PT65303), and a 100 uH inductor (cheap). If anyone gets a chance to verify this or at least check for missing cuts, that would be great.

Re: Ibanez EM5 Echo Machine simplified

zombie_rock123
Hey man, Ive got some of these chips. I did an SMD layout of the full EM5 (minus switching) with a couple of pads for adding in modulation so can send you a chip if you want to test your layout
gul

Did ya ever get this one sorted? I saw that PJP gave this a go, but had no luck.

I think Deadendfx is coming out with a pcb at some point in the future if you didnt already know, in case thats anything youd be interested in. The layout I did fit in a 125b but Im not sure about it cause the chip holds onto everything you put through it for f*cking days
gul

Re: Ibanez EM5 Echo Machine simplified

gul
Sweet, thanks for the info! I didn't realize Phil was doing a board. I'll def shoot him a message.