JMP1 Cab sim

RiffRaff
Hello all, been taking from this site for years
giving one back, this is my first vero layout
verified by myself

Re: JMP1 Cab sim

ibanez48
What vero layout software do you use? Nice layout I will be building this thanks for the layout.

Re: JMP1 Cab sim

Stevel
It looks like diylc, this is what most people use.

http://diy-fever.com/software/diylc/

Re: JMP1 Cab sim

ibanez48
I have diy layout creator v1 I don't like v3. I want v2 but he did away with v2. But this layout looks very different the components look different. I know in v2 u can load up ivarks library. I don't know if u can change the way the components look in v1.

Re: JMP1 Cab sim

Stevel
I was the same with v3, stuck v2 with Marks Library, then tried v3.36 and quite like this one and use it most of the time.

If you don't fancy v3.36 then here is v2

diylc2_beta.zip
IvIark_Library_Items_updated.zip

Re: JMP1 Cab sim

ibanez48
I tried your v2 beta can't get it to work I used rar to open it. When I click on the diyc it's opens into another folder any ideas what's going on I tried everything. I have java installed is there something else I need installed.

Re: JMP1 Cab sim

Stevel
When you opened it with winrar did you copy/move the folder to your Desktop or Documents (or anywhere else) or did you try to run it from the folder that opened?

I just tried the file I uploaded and it works fine for me, I did copy all the files from the archive to another folder (it needs all the files to work, 'lib' and 'library' folders)

Hope this helps, I think this version is pretty easy going with earlier versions of java although updating to the latest version wouldn't hurt.

Re: JMP1 Cab sim

ibanez48
I copy to my desktop still cant get it to work. when i click on the folder then it opens another folder and another folder.

Re: JMP1 Cab sim

Stevel
Try this

diylc_v2.zip

Re: JMP1 Cab sim

ibanez48
I tried the other one you posted still no luck same thing happened oh well I don't no what the problem is. Thanks for all your help l

Re: JMP1 Cab sim

ibanez48
Finally got it working it was the java. v2 is great like it alot better than v1 and v3 thanks again for the help.

Re: JMP1 Cab sim

Stevel
That's great, have you tried Marks Library, I included it earlier in this post.

Have fun.

Re: JMP1 Cab sim

ibanez48
Yes I got his library installed works great.

Re: JMP1 Cab sim

ibanez48
In the layout above how does he get his resistors to look like that.

Re: JMP1 Cab sim

Stevel
That's a feature of the later versions where you have options for displaying different info, not available in v.2.

Re: JMP1 Cab sim

ibanez48
So is that layout done in v3. Hey do u know what software they used over at diy stompboxes I was looking at layouts over there never seen that vero layout before don't know if u have ever seen it before. A lot of people used it over there. The vero board is real dark brownish in color. I'm sure it's old kinda cool looking though.

Re: JMP1 Cab sim

Stevel
It looks like v.3 with the caps, you can have the board any colour you like and lots of other tweaks. I've started using v.3.36 and quite like it.

There are quite few free layout progs around (google them bad boys) but some look very basic, I think diylc has the appearance just right, each to their own.

Re: JMP1 Cab sim

spoke to the guys that makes DIYLCC awhile ago about why some of us use V3 and some V2, and he's been making changes to V3 to make it more like V2. i've messed around a little with the newest V3 and like a lot of the changes, but not enough yet for me to switch over. nothing wrong with any of them TBH, it's a fantastic program.

Re: JMP1 Cab sim

ibanez48
How can u change the resistors like in the layout above we're you have the bands on them. And how do u make them square like his. I got the latest version of v3 and when u right click on the resistor it has a 4and5 band on there but when I click on it to change it doesn't do anything.

Re: JMP1 Cab sim

Yes. There should be an option when you double click the resistor to have it shown the bands, it's a checkbox if I remember correctly. Not sure why it's not showing up for you. I'll redownload the newest version and take a look and let you know. The square resistors is in the older V3, which is what I use, which is the one thing I don't like about V3, and would much rather them look like actual resistors on a board with their barbell shape.
12