Just got a fat score of transistors!

agitprop
The other day, I bought an estate lot of transistors, with no idea of what I was getting, for $32.  They had numbers taped on them, but they were all over the place, so figured they weren't hFe.

Anyway, they all just arrived. . . turns out they are all great-condition 2n404.  I have tested 50 of the 300-400 trannies.  Only 3 were outside the range of 70 to 130 hFe, with leakage of less than .1.  Can't believe my luck on this score!

Re: Just got a fat score of transistors!

Madferret
Sweet, I've just ordered a bunch of GT308B's so here's hoping some of your good luck will rub off. I'm not looking forward to sorting through them though, unfortunately I don't have a transistor analyser.

Re: Just got a fat score of transistors!

Awesome score, I love the 2N404's.

Re: Just got a fat score of transistors!

Madferret
What do you guys both think of the Peak DCA 55 (I think I read in another post you had one Mark), I've seen it for £45 which doesn't seem too bad but I'm not sure I'd make good use of it.  Do you use it often?

Re: Just got a fat score of transistors!

They're excellent and worth every penny.  Transistor testers in other DMMs have been hit and miss for me but being able to accurately measure germaniums with leakage and identify pins is a big win for me.

Re: Just got a fat score of transistors!

Madferret
Thanks, I mat just have to invest in one as the thought of testing a couple of hundred Germaniums doesn't fill me with joy.