Keeley 4 Knob update

ziotasgiorgos
Hello there! I exchanged some emails with the people from Keeley and learned that they switched from CA3080 to LM13700 in all of the Keeley 4 knob compressors.
I was wondering if it's possible to update the schematics we have here to match current production and make it faster to build them instead of a daughterboard every time.

We can't live in the past now... can we.. :)

Regards n respect for your efforts.

George

Re: Keeley 4 Knob update

ziotasgiorgos
Anyone?

Re: Keeley 4 Knob update

I can do this if someone else doesn't get around to it first. I already did the Janglebox and Dynacomp. The Keeley is gonna come out a little bigger than those

Re: Keeley 4 Knob update

ziotasgiorgos
Please do it. I need to build 2 of those and i can't stand the damn daughterboard!

Re: Keeley 4 Knob update

iggy
I'd like to second the request. Love to build one of those as well. But I struggle to do the vero layouts. Don't know how you guys keep all those feeds in line .

Re: Keeley 4 Knob update

ziotasgiorgos
Can anyone please help out? Pretty please?

Re: Keeley 4 Knob update

I started working on this but gotta go to sleep! I'll have it up this weekend.

Re: Keeley 4 Knob update

ziotasgiorgos
Thanks a million

Re: Keeley 4 Knob update

Unverified

Re: Keeley 4 Knob update

ziotasgiorgos
Had some trouble in the family... Didn't get the chance to thank you. I'll test this today!

Re: Keeley 4 Knob update

Sorry to hear that  good luck with the build

Re: Keeley 4 Knob update

iggy
Hey Travis, thanks for redoing this layout. I'll take a crack at it. Might take a fews days to get together. But I'm excited to test it out.

Re: Keeley 4 Knob update

ziotasgiorgos
I finished building it. Doesn't work. No sound at all. I din't think i made a mistake. I build this really slowly

Re: Keeley 4 Knob update

Ciaran Haslett
This post was updated on .
Hi Travis.  There's a few errors I'm afraid.  I think you mixed up the inputs on the 13700.

Currently Clip 3 is grounded (and therefore all signal)
Clip 2 must also go direct to IC pin 4 (inverted input).  Just move it down one row.
The 15K and 10n top legs need to go to pin 3 of IC.
2.2n top leg down one row

Try this ziotasgiorgos in the mean time until Travis updates the layout.

NOTE: After shifting the components around...make a cut at the green line.

EDIT: forgot to move 2.2n

Re: Keeley 4 Knob update

ziotasgiorgos
Thanks a lot mate, but I think I'll wait till we have something final. I already have this inside an enclosure and if someone else sees something else, I don't see myself changing it for a third time :P

Travis! SOS!

Re: Keeley 4 Knob update

Oops. Got it right with the Janglebox but I got all dyslexic adapting Mark's Keeley layout. Sorry folks! Will change the layout when I get back to my laptop

Re: Keeley 4 Knob update

ok thanks for spotting those errors Ciaran I updated the original post

Re: Keeley 4 Knob update

Battery Acid
Hey travis, you can tag it! Sounds great (and very low noise)

Re: Keeley 4 Knob update

Thanks for verifying Battery Acid and of course thanks again to Ciaran for those eagle eyes.

Re: Keeley 4 Knob update

negativefx
ziotasgiorgos wrote
We can't live in the past now... can we.. :)
Well, we do use vacuum tubes in our amps, 100ft unbalanced cable runs, BBDs, and the oldest transistors we can find...   ;)