Lovepedal Jubilee circuit mod and switch popping

Lovepedal Jubilee circuit mod and switch popping

tracer03
Need some help from the collective. I'm trying to build a Lovepedal Jubilee - with a mod to add a toggle switch for single coils/humbuckers (details in the comments here: https://tagboardeffects.blogspot.com/2018/02/lovepedal-jubilee.html).

Basically, I'm pulling the 22n cap off-board and taking it to a DPDT on-on switch, with a 4n7 and a 22n to accommodate for pickups. I also moved the input to the board so I could add a pull-down resistor (since the circuit has a nasty pop when engaged).
On my first test build, it worked: but I noticed that there's still an audible 'pop' when the circuit's engaged. I've gone through about 4 switches, all with the same result.
Second, I noticed that the volume has a weird 'drop' between about 50% and 80% to full. I haven't swapped pots as of yet, but I plan to as soon as I get the chance.

In the meantime, could y'all take a look at my layout and let me know if I am missing anything?

Thanks in advance!

Re: Lovepedal Jubilee circuit mod and switch popping

bowanderror
You should post a schematic as it's pretty difficult to debug or verify a layout without one.

Re: Lovepedal Jubilee circuit mod and switch popping

Vero looks fine to me.

tracer03 wrote
I also moved the input to the board so I could add a pull-down resistor (since the circuit has a nasty pop when engaged).
On my first test build, it worked: but I noticed that there's still an audible 'pop' when the circuit's engaged. I've gone through about 4 switches, all with the same result.
The input and output of the original layout already had pulldowns on them (the Drive pot pulls down the input, the volume pot pulls down the output). So I'd expect the modification to have no effect on the pop.

I'd double-check the orientation of the 47u caps, and check them and the input cap (4n7) for DC shorts (resistance across caps should be infinite) and see if you can measure any DC voltage on the input and output nodes.