Lovetone Meatball

Re: Lovetone Meatball

PMowdes
Think the vero is fine, just the off board wiring is a bit of nightmare

Re: Lovetone Meatball

SpaceCommandant
I've built it successfully, but the offboard wiring instructions confused me in a couple of places, particularly when using toggle switches in place of a couple of rotaries, and wiring the fx loop.

Re: Lovetone Meatball

velouriafx
Today I was reading the instructions and I could not understand anything. The Mutron III the same.  Can you share a pic or explain how you used switches, SpaceCommandant? Thanks.

Re: Lovetone Meatball

PMowdes

Have a look here

http://pisotones.com/Meatball/psst/meatball-psst.html

There are a bunch of diagrams

Re: Lovetone Meatball

PMowdes
scimitar wrote
I'm currently on a mission to build all the Lovetone pedals, Doppelganger and Meatball completed so far and up and running. I have used the layouts that Muadzin refers to, Wobulator is almost finished with noname flanger in progress. I have etched the boards myself which is pretty straightforward and cheap as well. For the switches I used Tayda although annoyingly for the first 3 I ordered the wrong ones and ended up having to take them apart and modify them, for the flanger I believe I have the correct ones although they were slightly more expensive (still Tayda).
Scimitar, do you have schematics for the noname flanger.  I've managed to find the doppleganger, wobulator and string ringer.

Re: Lovetone Meatball

nocentelli
velouriafx wrote
Today I was reading the instructions and I could not understand anything. The Mutron III the same.  Can you share a pic or explain how you used switches, SpaceCommandant? Thanks.
I have a vero layout for my meatball with toggles for all rotaries I see if I can find it.

Re: Lovetone Meatball

scimitar
PMowdes wrote
scimitar wrote
I'm currently on a mission to build all the Lovetone pedals, Doppelganger and Meatball completed so far and up and running. I have used the layouts that Muadzin refers to, Wobulator is almost finished with noname flanger in progress. I have etched the boards myself which is pretty straightforward and cheap as well. For the switches I used Tayda although annoyingly for the first 3 I ordered the wrong ones and ended up having to take them apart and modify them, for the flanger I believe I have the correct ones although they were slightly more expensive (still Tayda).
Scimitar, do you have schematics for the noname flanger.  I've managed to find the doppleganger, wobulator and string ringer.
Hi, yes the set of documents With all the Lovetone pedals has a build document by electric storm that includes a schematic, I'll see if I can find a link.

Re: Lovetone Meatball

velouriafx
Thanks, nocentelli

Re: Lovetone Meatball

nocentelli
The range switch has compromise cap values: Since you have to use a DPDT on-off-on, you only get three choices (2n7/7n4/12n7) instead of 2n2/3n3/6n8/15n.

Re: Lovetone Meatball

PMowdes
Got the bloody thing working.  The 1458's I had from China were all duff, lesson learned.  The Seamoon funk machine works as well with a proper chip in it.

Re: Lovetone Meatball

Hozy31
Nice one Phil . Still waiting for my Vactrols, but looking forward to giving it a go.
"Red velvet lines the black box"

Re: Lovetone Meatball

Hozy31
Hey Phil, is it possible you could draw a guick diagram for your switch wiring for this, i want to make sure i get it correct as i think thats why my previous build was crap. My vactrols arrived but now i'm waiting on rotary switches .
"Red velvet lines the black box"

Re: Lovetone Meatball

PMowdes

What sort of rotaries have you ordered??

I seem to remember that I used 3p4t switches for all of the except the Bandwidth which I used a SPDT(on/off/on).

Here's what you need for each switch.

Sweep (up/down) 3P2T
Range (off/full/half) 2P3T
Bandwidth SPDT(on/off/on)
Mode (High pass / Band pass /Low pass) 1P3T

Just wire the switches to the pads, there is no other off board wiring like on the vero version.

There is a slight issue with the range switch, wire A as normal.  You need to swap throws 1 and 3 on B  (i'll drop you a better explanation of this when I get home tonight)

Let me know if this all makes sense.

Cheers

Phil

Re: Lovetone Meatball

Hozy31

Yeh its 3p4t i ordered as well as 1p12t and 2p6t for other projects. Bought the black and white plastic ones from Tayda as they are easily adjustable position wise.

Thanks for the info, should make it all a bit easier to hook it up.

Cheers

Gav

On 24/04/2017 09:27, PMowdes [via Guitar FX Layouts] wrote:

What sort of rotaries have you ordered??

I seem to remember that I used 3p4t switches for all of the except the Bandwidth which I used a SPDT(on/off/on).

Here's what you need for each switch.

Sweep (up/down) 3P2T
Range (off/full/half) 2P3T
Bandwidth SPDT(on/off/on)
Mode (High pass / Band pass /Low pass) 1P3T

Just wire the switches to the pads, there is no other off board wiring like on the vero version.

There is a slight issue with the range switch, wire A as normal.  You need to swap throws 1 and 3 on B  (i'll drop you a better explanation of this when I get home tonight)

Let me know if this all makes sense.

Cheers

Phil

http://guitar-fx-layouts.42897.x6.nabble.com/Lovetone-Meatball-tp36704p37667.html
To unsubscribe from Lovetone Meatball, click here.
NAML

--
Dr Gavin John Horsburgh
Research Assistant

https://www.facebook.com/nbafsheffield
"Red velvet lines the black box"

Re: Lovetone Meatball

PMowdes

I used some of these recently for the BiPhase

https://www.musikding.de/Mini-rotary-switch-2P3T

A little on the small side but they do a good job.

Re: Lovetone Meatball

Hozy31
This post was updated on .
These smaller options would be good as the tayda ones have quite a large
footprint. Might have a look to see what else is out there.

G.

"Red velvet lines the black box"

Re: Lovetone Meatball

PMowdes

Hey Hozy

Here's where to wire the common poles of the switches

Wiring the rest should be self explanatory.

The one error in the layout is that throws 1 & 3 of RANGE B need to be swapped round.  Either that or wire it normally and swap C32 and C34

Re: Lovetone Meatball

Hozy31
Thanks Phil. Definitely going to make it a bit easier to wire up.

Hey Phil, just wiring this up, but bit confused what the snd, rsw and rtp are connected. Can you explain? Ta.
"Red velvet lines the black box"

Re: Lovetone Meatball

PMowdes

Dude

apologies if ive had few.

you need 4 jacks, two are standard in / out.

There is also a send / return loop.

you need a send jack. which is just wired like the in / out.......sleeve to gnd / tip to the snd pad on the board.

you need a switched jack for the return.  sleeve goes the gnd as standard, the switch goes to rsw and the tip goes to rtp..

if this doesnt make sense let me know and ill draw a pic
123