Low volume correction

Synsound
Just wanted to ask for a little help and opinions.
I built a Simple One Knob Noise Gate and a Catalinbread Galileo. Both suffer from volume issues.
The noise gate dips a touch below unity when engaged and the Galileo could just use a little more volume in general(for my taste)
I tried a LPB1 after the gate but found that I was getting distortion from it. I planned to do the same with the Galileo but didn't to introduce other distortion but rather boost what was there.
Can anyone suggest another tiny circuit that will simply allow for a boost in volume without distortion or adverse coloration.
I thought maybe a SHO but have not had a chance to test.
Neither of these issues are major. I'm just trying to fine tune a bit.
Give a man a match and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Re: Low volume correction

I think the Madbean Baconbits would be a good option. I built it and it's clean with minimal coloration. It has a charge pump so it's at 18v for more headroom

The SHO is great, but adds a lot of it's own character where you may not want that necessarily

Re: Low volume correction

ξεναγος νεκροπολης
hi mate!
i've build a few circuits for that reason and i think that demeter fat control is a good option too.
i gives a nice clean boost with no distortion at all.at least with my gear...i say give it a try.

Re: Low volume correction

There are a variety of small booster circuits out there.  I'd probably go with an op amp booster like this:

http://www.jer00n.nl/2010/07/28/clean-boost-for-guitar-or-bass/

Choose the feedback resistor to get the boost you want, and select caps to shape the frequencies.