MOSFET Driver (Tube Driver Mosfet Clone)

MOSFET Driver (Tube Driver Mosfet Clone)

AuditoryDriving
Hey guys,

First of all, thanks again for the great work!

Would anyone be interested in tackling the PedalPCB MOSFET Driver vero conversion?

Here it is

https://www.pedalpcb.com/product/mosfetdriver/

And the schematic can be found here

http://www.pedalpcb.com/docs/MOSFETDriver.pdf

I found out about it by looking at the freestompboxes website while reading about the MXR Bonamassa Fet Driver. The PedalPCB version does not seem to be a direct clone of it, just in the same ballpark.

http://www.freestompboxes.org/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=25135

I would not mind buying a pcb but unfortunately ordering from the US while living in Europe is not very cost effective.

Thanks in advance!

Re: MOSFET Driver (Tube Driver Mosfet Clone)

aelling
I've made one, just need to make the cut/links board and go over it to double check/see if there is room for improvement.

Re: MOSFET Driver (Tube Driver Mosfet Clone)

aelling

Re: MOSFET Driver (Tube Driver Mosfet Clone)

AuditoryDriving
Oh, that's sweet, thanks a million! Weird that no one seems to have verified or even built this - i ll also have a look to check when I have time!

Wonder how it sounds, could not find any samples on pedalpcb or anywhere else... I am not experienced with FET for Tube substitutions, but as far as I understand there might be more things needed to be taken care of other than dropping in a fet for the tube  because of impedance issues..  this is the best we have  though for now so I ll give it a try :)

Btw, are you aware of any other efforts to use FETs instead of tubes for the Tube Driver circuit? I d be really surprised if this is the only effort.

Thanks a million again!! Please do post your vero when you re done with it if you think it's worth your time!

Re: MOSFET Driver (Tube Driver Mosfet Clone)

aelling
AuditoryDriving wrote
Oh, that's sweet, thanks a million! Weird that no one seems to have verified or even built this - i ll also have a look to check when I have time!

Wonder how it sounds, could not find any samples on pedalpcb or anywhere else... I am not experienced with FET for Tube substitutions, but as far as I understand there might be more things needed to be taken care of other than dropping in a fet for the tube  because of impedance issues..  this is the best we have  though for now so I ll give it a try :)

Btw, are you aware of any other efforts to use FETs instead of tubes for the Tube Driver circuit? I d be really surprised if this is the only effort.

Thanks a million again!! Please do post your vero when you re done with it if you think it's worth your time!
No problem. I don't know about other layout using FETs for tubes but there is a seach bar both here on the forum and main site, so you can search for FETS to see if there are more. I think the only one I build is the Sunn Model T preamp on the main site, it worked but it was not really for me.

I'm not going to post my layout, it's pretty much the same as anders' space and cut/link wise, so you should be good with his layout although it's not verified yet.

Re: MOSFET Driver (Tube Driver Mosfet Clone)

AuditoryDriving
Thanks aelling :)

I will give it a try when the next batch pedal building opportunity arises :) Things are a little bit hectic at the moment so it might not be that soon, but I will report back :)

Thanks again!