MadProfessor Amber Overdrive

hisseme
I've tested the pedal on my JTM 45-100 and it sounds very good! But it's a very expensive pedal. So I tried to reverse engineer it, but I'm not able to do it...

Has someone an idea or schematic or something like this? It would be great!

Cheers

MettDick

Re: MadProfessor Amber Overdrive

Hey buddy. Did you get any images of the board, components, and pot placement, as well as values for various components? If you did, post it and I'm sure if there's enough interest someone will help figure it out.

Re: MadProfessor Amber Overdrive

hisseme
Hey guys,

I've taken some pics of this pedal and I looked for the transistors and some other parts. I hope it will help.

PCB FrontPCB Front 2PCB BackPCB Back 2

And the parts as numbered:

1 BC550C
2 2N3819
3 2N3819
4 BC550C
5 BC550C
6 2N5485
7 0,015 63V Wima
8 0,22 63V Wima
9 100µF 63V
10 1µF 63V
11 10µF 50V
12 1µF 63V
13 1µF 63V
14 330pF

Thanks a lot!

Re: MadProfessor Amber Overdrive

hisseme
Volume Pot A100k
Tone B100k
Drive B100k

Re: MadProfessor Amber Overdrive

hisseme
I think this pedal is very similar to the Fire Red Fuzz. There are the same transistors on it, and on the right side of the pcb it's signed with EjFuzz V1.00.

I started to trace this little guy. it's very hard for somebody who never did it before!

Re: MadProfessor Amber Overdrive

hisseme
I think, that's it!

Re: MadProfessor Amber Overdrive

Silver Blues
Well it um... looks kinda like a Muff

Re: MadProfessor Amber Overdrive

Nice work there buddy

Re: MadProfessor Amber Overdrive

hisseme
Well, it's like the Fire Red Fuzz, it's also a derivate of a Big Muff.

But it sounds warmer and it's not so fuzzy...I Love it. The next days I will build and test it.

Re: MadProfessor Amber Overdrive