Madbean Bacon Bits 2014

Silver Blues
Decided to throw one together. As Miro says, it probably won't fit in a 1590A anymore, but if you're looking for a standalone booster for a 1590B or something to toss in a dual pedal this would be neat.

Re: Madbean Bacon Bits 2014

guitar_bill
Hi Silver Blues,

thanks for the nice layout for Bacon Bits 2014.

When I take a look at the schematic, i miss two resisters (R1 = 1M and R10 = 47R).  I think R10 isn't necessary, but what about R1?

Many greetz

guitar_bill

Re: Madbean Bacon Bits 2014

Ciaran Haslett
Hi Bill

R! is a pulldown resistor.  It can be left out or wired to your switch if you wanted.  R10 is a current limiter for the 9V rail.  It generally helps if you have a noisy power supply.  Again this can be left out or wired from your DC jack to the board 9V.

Ciaran

Re: Madbean Bacon Bits 2014

guitar_bill
Hi Ciaran,

many thanks for your quick answer.

I'll try to build this one and add the resistors as you wrote!

Many greetz

guitar_bill

Re: Madbean Bacon Bits 2014

Silver Blues
Yeah Ciaran's answered it all correctly

Re: Madbean Bacon Bits 2014

alltrax74
Anyone built it ?
I cannot find any vid on youtube

And what is the ICL for in this build ? I guess both input buffer an gain stage are handled by the TL072
Capacitors are rated min 16v so it's not a voltage doubler

Re: Madbean Bacon Bits 2014

induction
alltrax74 wrote
And what is the ICL for in this build ? I guess both input buffer an gain stage are handled by the TL072
Capacitors are rated min 16v so it's not a voltage doubler
The 7660 is set up as a voltage inverter. The op-amps are biased around ground and the charge pump provides the negative voltage rail. There are caps from V+ to ground and from V- to ground, but none between V+ and V-, so 16V should be fine for the caps.

Re: Madbean Bacon Bits 2014

alltrax74

Re: Madbean Bacon Bits 2014

guitar_bill
Hi,

I finished and tested my built of this layout now.

I added the two resistors from the Madbean schematic onto the board and used the TLC2262 opamp.

To my ears it sounds very fine (many added highs!). If I turn on the soft switch, it sounds nearer to the dry sound!

I think you can call this layout verified!

Many greetz

guitar_bill

Re: Madbean Bacon Bits 2014

Silver Blues