Madbean Zero Point SDX2

Alex
This post was updated on .
The new version of Madbean's great Zero Point SDX Delay/Echo.
Another fantastic project by Brian.
If you think it's a big project on vero, you could buy his original pcb to support all his work here:
http://www.madbeanpedals.com/projects/index.html
It's a huge 12 pots layout that will fit in a 1590BB Tall box as the original.
This is the "Stereo" version.
If you would prefer the True Bypass version check the original project for the changes needed:
http://www.madbeanpedals.com/projects/ZeroPoint/ZeroPointSDX2.pdf
Not yet verified.

Re: Madbean Zero Point SDX2

This is incredible. I love you Alex

Re: Madbean Zero Point SDX2

Re: Madbean Zero Point SDX2

Silver Blues
Wow.

Re: Madbean Zero Point SDX2

Sensei Tim

Re: Madbean Zero Point SDX2

Muadzin

Awesome work!

The thing with these insanely huge vero layouts is they will either fire up first time without a hitch or they will be an absolute nightmare to troubleshoot.

Re: Madbean Zero Point SDX2

Alex
This post was updated on .
You are right.
You can either go to Paradise  or Hell  in a second!
I guess it's all part of the fun (if it works!)

Re: Madbean Zero Point SDX2

Sergio
Incredible building,)  by the way, I ve finished cutting size, making the holes and links, so whats left its supposed to be the most easy task for the bad stone. So I think ill have it working i a pair of days.
 Ill let you know.

Re: Madbean Zero Point SDX2

Alex
Fingers crossed!

Re: Madbean Zero Point SDX2

strassercaster
very impressive. how long did this layout take you?are you self taught?thanks alex80

Re: Madbean Zero Point SDX2

Alex
I don't remember.
Took a few hours.
It's just a question of practice.
You start with something simple and you keep going from there.

Re: Madbean Zero Point SDX2

Cosmic Audio Workshop
Just finished this last night and everything's working properly with two exceptions..
- the DW footswitch doesn't seem to do anything
- the AV footswitch gives distorted repeats when engaged.
Otherwise, bypass footswitch and all pots work flawlessly.
Edit.. I've since changed up the wiring a bit so that "level 2" pot controls the bypass volume so it can be set up as a bit of a clean boost.
Also, "tone 2" only works when the AV footswitch is activated. The repeats still distort but a bit less so when the tone 2 pot is set darker. I'm not sure if this is how the circuit is supposed to behave, but its kind of unusable with distorted repeats so I just use it in the regular mode which sounds great.

Re: Madbean Zero Point SDX2

ibanez48
Wow that is a crazy build

Re: Madbean Zero Point SDX2

Cosmic Audio Workshop
Sizewise, its right up there with the Sagan delay. I completely lucked out with the troubleshooting on this one and was shocked when it fired up right away.