Maestro FZ-1b (2 transistor version)

anders
This post was updated on .
Hi!
I've been tinkering with the 2 transistor silicon version fuzz from Maestro. The balance control does nothing and the output is quite low. A second set of experienced eyes would be appriciated.

Re: Maestro FZ-1b (2 transistor version)

anders
Got it working.
It was a faulty pot, so it is verified.

On to the next one

Re: Maestro FZ-1b (2 transistor version)

Neil mcNasty
Hello again Anders!

Just a quick tip:
If you go to the "edit" menu in DIYLC, you wil find setting for the size of your work area all the way at the bottom of the menu.
I allways start by going there and setting the size to about 12x12cm as a start and increase it if needed as I go.
That way you will avoid the enormous amount of dead space in your layouts when exporting the finished result.

Thanks for sharing!
Neil

Re: Maestro FZ-1b (2 transistor version)

anders
Ok, thanks for the tip!

Re: Maestro FZ-1b (2 transistor version)

Sanchozen
Newb here. How do I wire this to a 3pdt as done this way instead of a Spdt?
Also, can you confirm orientation of the transistors?

Thanks!

Re: Maestro FZ-1b (2 transistor version)

Bolsyo

Re: Maestro FZ-1b (2 transistor version)

Sanchozen
On the right side of the board I’m just not sure where to attach switch 1 and switch 2 (which also goes out to vol 1). I’m assuming Switch 1 goes to either input or output on the footswitch and the same for Switch 2. On the left of the board is an input so I’m confused!

Chris