Marshall 8001/8010 Preamp

Blackboarcult
This post was updated on .
Rocket88's and Alltrax's recent Marshall layouts on the main page gave me the self-confidence boost I needed to attempt my second layout on DIYLC.

So, here it goes, the Marshall 8001 Valvestate preamp.
Needless to say, yet unverified.

You will notice every wire has a 2-row separation, that's because I like to use 5mm spacing terminal clamps to wire.
There's also needless/pointless dead-end wiring. That's one of my little quirks, I don't like pot-to-pot wiring and like to have it all neatly set up on the board.
 Here is the link to the diylc file if anyone wants to reduce the size and/or adapt it to conventional wiring.
Schematic here.

I'm unsure about voltage, as the schematic doesn't specify anything. My guess is it's the same as the 3005 layout.

I'll try to verify it as soon as I get more pots & caps, a little low on stock right now.

Corrections and suggestions are very welcome!

Cheers to y'all

/ZVDW

EDIT 1: "Vol 2 to Output" missing, added now.

EDIT 2: Switch pinout added to avoid confusion with Alltrax74's layout.

Re: Marshall 8001/8010 Preamp

alltrax74
As for the 3005 I'll draw a layout including the bipolar inverter power section
I'd like to find the 8080 preamp schem with the contour pot on the drive channel

Re: Marshall 8001/8010 Preamp

Blackboarcult
That'd be great, thanks man!

As for the 8080...
This schematic here
https://www.thetubestore.com/lib/thetubestore/schematics/Marshall/Marshall-Valvestate80-80W-8080-8100-8412-Schematic.pdf
shows 13 pots on the first schem, not specifying which is which.
But given the knob and circuit distribution, my guess would be the one numbered VR9.

Cheers!

Re: Marshall 8001/8010 Preamp

alltrax74
Yes I googled it after posting my message, I'll pass on this one

Re: Marshall 8001/8010 Preamp

alltrax74
This post was updated on .
And here is my layout including the power section
Not verified yet

Re: Marshall 8001/8010 Preamp

Blackboarcult
Awesome, man!

I edited my layout to show SPDT pinout, as your pin count is different to mine.

Thanks for this one!

Re: Marshall 8001/8010 Preamp

Blackboarcult
Layout corrected and verified!

Re: Marshall 8001/8010 Preamp

Willybomb
Going to build this one as I loved my VS102r.  Can't believe I missed this layout for so long.