Maxon OD820 IC Question

Meomy
Newbie question here.....
I'm using the layout below and wanted to know how dramatic a change in the sound it would make if i substituted the JRC4558 IC for a NJM4558.

I've got a bunch of NJM4558s, but don't have a JRC4558 on hand and want to build this one ASAP and still have is sound great.

Re: Maxon OD820 IC Question

JaviCAP
Administrator
I bet you won't hear the slighest difference, even if you put any dual opamp except a 1458, so use what you've got, no problem.

J.

Re: Maxon OD820 IC Question

Meomy
Thanks JaviCAP
I'm REALLY excited for this build!
I've seen some cool demos and heard nothing but good things about this one.

Re: Maxon OD820 IC Question

JaviCAP
Administrator
Yeah, this is a really nice sounding pedal.

And taking in mind that I hate overdrives, to reckon that I like this one very much is maybe the best praise I can do :P

J.