Minotaur Sonic Terrors - Fuzz and Burn

Lord Ashram
Cheers to everyone!
I built quite a few effects from this site and I really appreciate your work! I learned a lot from you!

I recently saw a video of the above mentioned effect and was quite impressed. I also searched for schematics but wasn´t successful. One of the comments I found was that it is a combination of Hyperion (one knob?) and a SHO. I´m not very positive it really is, but anyway: - if somebody has more info on that effect I would really appreciate it.

Thanks a lot!
Tobias
You can play a riff if your hands remember - not your brain.

Re: Minotaur Sonic Terrors - Fuzz and Burn

I don’t know about this particular pedal. But we do have layouts for both the Hyperion and SHO here which are two really great circuits. If you have a breadboard it should be very fun to try those two circuits for yourself

Re: Minotaur Sonic Terrors - Fuzz and Burn

Lord Ashram
Thanks! I know they´re both online and I´ve built both of them...at least on breadboard...and the "burn"-effect seems to be to be closer to the "overdrive-side" than the SHO is...
The Hyperion has 2 knobs - I´m not sure if it can be built just using 1.

Again: If anyone has more info on that pedal I would highly appreciate it!
You can play a riff if your hands remember - not your brain.

Re: Minotaur Sonic Terrors - Fuzz and Burn

Sphere80
There was a custom 1 knob Hyperion called the ION with the input control set on full, or halfway. I've read both descriptions.  I don't know if it relates to this dual pedal though.

Re: Minotaur Sonic Terrors - Fuzz and Burn

Lord Ashram
So, I finally got myself one and took it apart.

First of all I have to say it sounds just great! I would recommend it for any style of heavier rock music. I enjoyed it a lot!
To make things short - I will not post a schematic here (as it is simply not necessary) and I also appreciate the work of Minotaur a lot.

Imagine an Electra-Distortion in front of a simple, yet a bit modificated, Silicon FuzzFace (without a Fuzz-Pot) with a combined input and output capacitor for the FuzzFaze - and there you go!

Nice, effective and simple! Great pedal!

Thanks for the input this site gave me and
Thanks to all the kind people and their work!
You can play a riff if your hands remember - not your brain.