Mu-Tron Bi-Phase

Re: Mu-Tron Bi-Phase

PMowdes

Effects board V1 done except silkscreen

Re: Mu-Tron Bi-Phase

PMowdes
Here's the control board.  It's a little cramped, it's tempting to split this out into two separate boards

Just the power board to go.  Lets hope Travis and Zach don't find any errors on the schematics :)

Re: Mu-Tron Bi-Phase

M. Spencer
dont think  I'm knowledgable enough to help bring this to fruition...But I am offering you all moral support.

You guys rule, keep it up!

Re: Mu-Tron Bi-Phase

PMowdes
Here's the (almost) final boards, i've integrated the effects and power into one board and enlarged the controls board to allow for board mounted pots.  Both boards should in theory fit inside a 1590D.

Re: Mu-Tron Bi-Phase

PMowdes
Just the wait for the slow boat from China now.

Re: Mu-Tron Bi-Phase

Addy Bart
This is mega!

Re: Mu-Tron Bi-Phase

PMowdes
The boards have landed in the UK

I'm going to sit by the letter box for the next few days and wait for the postman.  He should have my Meatball pcb's as well 🤘🤘🤘

Re: Mu-Tron Bi-Phase

Oh shit!!! Wooo!

You're gonna love the Meatball. By far one of the coolest pedals I've ever built

Re: Mu-Tron Bi-Phase

Re: Mu-Tron Bi-Phase

PMowdes

rocket88 wrote
Sweet. Can't wait to build mine. Have to get started on graphics asap.
Just so you know the only the pots are board mounted and the control board that they are mounted to is on a 10x10cm board.  The effects board is 8x10cm.

They should both fit in a 1590d but i think the switches may end up being arranged differently to the original.

If this works I might be tempted to attempt a single board version with all of the parts board mounted, it won't be a cheap mind.

Re: Mu-Tron Bi-Phase

no worries. you know me, i'll end up moving the pots and everything where i want anyways, so i wasn't planning on board mounting them. i hate being told where things have to go, lol.

Re: Mu-Tron Bi-Phase

Yes looks awesome.

I was just thinking how much smaller the board could be if all those phase shifting stages were done with surface mount components.  Miniaturizing 12 opamp stages will certainly give you a great head start in making the box a reasonable size

Re: Mu-Tron Bi-Phase

PMowdes
Someones already done it, here's the prophecy sound PiPhase MkII

Re: Mu-Tron Bi-Phase

PMowdes
BiPhase galore......

Re: Mu-Tron Bi-Phase

PMowdes
Progress

Re: Mu-Tron Bi-Phase

Those look beautiful! I've wanted to build one of these FOREVER thanks man!

Re: Mu-Tron Bi-Phase

You know all of us involved can't wait to start our builds. These pics are just a complete cock tease until we get our boards. It's killing me.

Re: Mu-Tron Bi-Phase

Sergio
Amazing! If you have any spare board, I m willing to buy this from you! If its not possible, will you be sharing the eagle files? Thanks a lot. A very appreciated effort!

Re: Mu-Tron Bi-Phase

PMowdes

I don't have any spares from the first run and I don't even know if they work yet.

I'll keep this thread updated with build progress.

If it works out I may sell some boards for a nominal amount, this ones been a bit too much work to give the files away for nothing.

Re: Mu-Tron Bi-Phase

Hozy31
I'll certainly buy one of these and take a meatball one as well if and when you are selling
"Red velvet lines the black box"
12345