My Open-Hardware BIY Guitar Pedal PCBs have arrived - Looking for testers!

My Open-Hardware BIY Guitar Pedal PCBs have arrived - Looking for testers!

makerie
Hi Folks,

I'm excited to announce that my open-hardware BIY (Boutique it Yourself) Guitar Pedal PCB's have finally arrived! Shiny!. (Full disclosure: I run a company called www.maker.ie and I'm trying to make a living from facilitating musicians getting involved with DIY audio electronics).

These PCBs and kits are designed to allow anyone to easily create professional quality, reliable versions of their favourite (or personally designed) guitar pedals at home. Find out all about the BIY idea here.

These were my design objectives when creating them:

*Increase long-term build reliability
*Minimise opportunities for build error
*Reduce build time
*Maximise flexibility/mod-ability
*Minimise Cost
*Stimulate community-led design innovation

We are looking for 4 people to test one of our new kits (available shortly). We will send on a kit and ask for feedback on the build process. Once we have the feedback we will send off a special edition acid etched, pre-drilled aluminium enclosure to house the built pedals.

We are looking for 2 beginners and 2 experts.

Beginners can apply by making the best guitar/guitarist/music/DIY related joke/pun.

Experts can either ask to be considered or be nominated by the community. We will pick these based on demonstrated experience and contribution to the community.

Thanks, TC
Modify message

RE: My Open-Hardware BIY Guitar Pedal PCBs have arrived - Looking for testers!

Chris60601
This post was updated on .
Count me in

Yeah, 220, 221. Whatever it takes.

Re: My Open-Hardware BIY Guitar Pedal PCBs have arrived - Looking for testers!

Ciaran Haslett
Yes lads...I definitely wouldn't call myself an expert but I've over 100 builds since I started 2.5 years ago.  I'd be happy to test one out for you.  And I'm in Derry up north.  Cheaper post!

Re: My Open-Hardware BIY Guitar Pedal PCBs have arrived - Looking for testers!

Synsound
I would love to give one a try. I've built about 90 or so pedal circuits but am far from an expert. Either way, best wishes with your endeavors.
Give a man a match and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Re: My Open-Hardware BIY Guitar Pedal PCBs have arrived - Looking for testers!

Re: My Open-Hardware BIY Guitar Pedal PCBs have arrived - Looking for testers!

bogey
Hi Thom,
Welcome to the community.
I'd class myself as a beginner (about 10 builds so far....some successful, some failures and a couple ongoing).
Any way I'll nominate myself as a crash test dummy with this.

Q: Why are drum machines better than real drummers?

A: You only have to punch the instructions in once.

 "Sláinte agus táinte! "

Bogey

RE: My Open-Hardware BIY Guitar Pedal PCBs have arrived - Looking for testers!

Chris60601
Oh great, rocket???
Ppfftt, I withdraw my hat tossing 😁

Yeah, 220, 221. Whatever it takes.

RE: My Open-Hardware BIY Guitar Pedal PCBs have arrived - Looking for testers!

Re: My Open-Hardware BIY Guitar Pedal PCBs have arrived - Looking for testers!

M. Spencer
Q: What's the difference between a guitar player and a large pizza?

A: A Large pizza can feed a family of four.

Hey Now!

You have plenty of people who would try one of your  boards by now. I would happily be one of them .

Re: My Open-Hardware BIY Guitar Pedal PCBs have arrived - Looking for testers!

even though i don't need to add a joke, i figured i would.

Q: what do you call a guitarist without a girlfriend?

A: homeless

Re: My Open-Hardware BIY Guitar Pedal PCBs have arrived - Looking for testers!

Hozy31
I am not a begginer nor an expert but would love to give this a go.
"Red velvet lines the black box"

Re: My Open-Hardware BIY Guitar Pedal PCBs have arrived - Looking for testers!

makerie
Hey guys, thanks for all the input and jokes! I'm gonna go with 'M. Spencer' and 'bogey' for our "beginners2 and 'rocket88' and 'Chris60601' for our experts.

Cheers,
TC

Re: My Open-Hardware BIY Guitar Pedal PCBs have arrived - Looking for testers!

motterpaul
I am looking forward to reading some of the results and especially hearing some demos.