Need help with Rat Turbo schematic

Elchalupacabra
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Need help with Rat Turbo schematic

Ciaran Haslett
Here's a great diagram on all the Rat differences.

Basically R16 is used along with upping R10 to increase the FETs headroom so as not to clip it like the Rat does.  This would result in slightly less compression and distortion.

Re: Need help with Rat Turbo schematic

Elchalupacabra
Ok cool, so in theory I could add the R16 value up with R10 and just replace said value and acheieve the same thing, hopefully.

Thank you very much

Re: Need help with Rat Turbo schematic

penalkolony
I've done a vero layout for the TurboRAT tweaking the Mirosol one from this site, looking the schematic below and watching some guts photos...
I've finished this particular one yesterday and tomorrow I'll be testing it. If it's good to go I'll upload it here and in the "Contributions" section...

Cheers.

Re: Need help with Rat Turbo schematic

Elchalupacabra
That would be awesome, thank you for that, I can't wait to see it.

Re: Need help with Rat Turbo schematic

Elchalupacabra
Sorry to bump this, still trying to figure out how to add the R16 onto a circuit.

Here's the board I'm working with from, https://www.moutoulos.com/eshop/index.php?id_product=24&controller=product

Thank you.

Re: Need help with Rat Turbo schematic

Ciaran Haslett
Find the 9V input, then the 47R.  Add R16 from the far side of the 47R to the Gate (middle) pin of the fet.

So 9V > 47R > R16 > Gate of fet.

Re: Need help with Rat Turbo schematic

Elchalupacabra
So like this under the board? And thank you.

Re: Need help with Rat Turbo schematic

Ciaran Haslett
I can't really see from the pics of the PCB sorry.  Find the leg of the 47R that is connected directly to the 9V pad....then tack R16 onto its other leg lol....then to the Gate pin which you marked.

ahhhhhh! So like this

Re: Need help with Rat Turbo schematic

Ciaran Haslett
Looks like it yip.