New Toy(s)

Silver Blues
Just wanted to share because I'm really excited about it... I took a leap of faith and bought an Ibanez SRMS805 today and it is the most glorious instrument I've ever played:

It was a little pricey but I figured I'm starting grad school now and can afford it plus I've been dreaming about it for several months so whatever. It has pretty much everything I could think of wanting in a bass and it looks, plays and sounds SICK.

I also traded in my beloved Ampeg Micro VR for a Genz Benz Shuttle 3.0 with a 1x10 cab a few months ago, as much as I liked the Ampeg the Shuttle is half the size with all the functionality, and the more modern tone that it naturally has fits the new bass very well.

Gotta find good homes for the rest of my stable now...

Re: New Toy(s)

Sergio
Seems like a killer machine! Dingwall style neck and size? Does it resonate more than rosewood? And how does it manage od fuzz fx? Very interesting . I didnt know this model. Thank you!

Re: New Toy(s)

Sensei Tim
Well done, sir.

Re: New Toy(s)

Sergio wrote
Seems like a killer machine! Dingwall style neck and size? Does it resonate more than rosewood? And how does it manage od fuzz fx? Very interesting . I didnt know this model. Thank you!
It is absolutely a killer machine! As far as I'm aware yes, although the frets are less aggressively fanned than Dingwall's are, I'm pretty sure. 35.5" low B down to 34" at the G. I think that it resonates more than rosewood for sure, much snappier tone as well (I find rosewood quite warm, which is nice but this is different). Haven't actually tried with effects yet but I'll do that soon and let you know lol (the flat tone is so good that I haven't even played around much with the EQ . I saw it in the store, picked it up and played it and decided I needed it (still waited three months to get it though lol).

And @Tim thanks!!

Re: New Toy(s)

Congrats. That’s very exciting and reading your description, sounds like you made a great purchase

I’ve never played an instrument with fanned frets, seems interesting

Re: New Toy(s)

Silver Blues
Thanks Travis, indeed I'm going to be continually excited about this lol. I think so for sure  It's not actually that much of an adjustment to play the fanned frets I find, it's a very natural transition especially with the relatively mild fan.

Re: New Toy(s)

Muadzin
It's always good to have a new axe that fits you like a glove. Congrats!

Re: New Toy(s)