Old School Fuzz

boratto

Re: Old School Fuzz

boratto
This time a ressurrection of an old jap toy.. of course i´ll be glad on receive a review of the circuit. Any suggestions for the substitute IC´s and Fet?

Re: Old School Fuzz

Neil mcNasty
Looks good to me!

Congratulations!
Looks like you nailed it at the first try...

As for substitutes for the 2SC373's, I found that BC108, BC183L, BC184L, BC547 and 2N3904 should be pretty close, but beware of different pinouts...
If in doubt, I allways try 2N3904 first, just to get it up and running, and then I test other ones to check if I can make it sound better.
The 2SK30Y Fet's sounds great, so I higly recomend getting a bunch of those.
I very often use them instead of the J201's.

A small detail about labeling parts:
IC is used for OpAmps and similar 8-16 pin chips.
The correct label for transistors is "Q", as in Q1, Q2 and so on...

Thanks for the credits you are giving me!
You make me look like I actually know what I'm doing ;-)
I am still kind of fresh in this game with a limited knowledge, mostly in the "dirt" category, but I try to help as much as I can, just like so many helped me when I started building about 3 years ago.

Cheers!
Neil