Opinions on placing a boost

Kost1978
Hi guys,
I'm thinking of building a couple of my favorite OD in a box together with a boost (original idea, eh?? ) and want to know if there's a "common opinion" on placing the boost before or after the main effect.
I know it's probably a matter of taste and experimenting with the order, but I'd like to hear from someone who already tried that. My goal would be to boost the signal of the OD for soloing.

So, is it "better" to place the boost after or before the OD?
What give you the best results between the two situations?

Thanks!

Re: Opinions on placing a boost

alltrax74
If you want more volume, put it after
If you want more gain, put it before

Re: Opinions on placing a boost

GoranP

I did this with an Exotic RC and Sweet Honey. Since both options have their merit, I went with an effect order switch thingy. One in, one out, both options, easily switchable.

Re: Opinions on placing a boost

Dulouz
What about an order switch?

I haven't tried it, but this is supposed to allow you to switch the order of a dual effect:

Re: Opinions on placing a boost

Kost1978
Thanks for the replies!

alltrax74 wrote
If you want more volume, put it after
If you want more gain, put it before
Exactly what I wanted to know, the way a boost generally react in the different positions, thanks!

On the "Order Switching" thing, I was checking this thread after posting my question:
http://guitar-fx-layouts.42897.x6.nabble.com/Dual-Effects-One-enclosure-with-order-switching-td4994.html
and saw "GoranP" solution and checked the BeavisAudio wiring, I kind of merged it with Mark's Dual Wiring and "produced" this:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8v40j1kkxichozq/DualOffBoard_with_OrderingSwitch.jpg
Will it work? It looks fine to me...

Anyway, I'll probably go for the "more volume=boost after" thing, so I won't need to wire a switch as GoranP did, but it's alway great to have more and more knowledge in this hobby!

Thanks again!