PT2399 Noise Generator - Help with schematic to vero.

PT2399 Noise Generator - Help with schematic to vero.

spacefuzz74
Hey everyone,

I recently dug up this schematic for a noise generator using the PT2399 chip.  You can see it in action here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k810qG5nKXs&t=7s

To me, it sounds great, and I was hoping someone with more advanced skills than myself could make a compact vero layout of the schematic.

Check it out and let me know what you think!

Re: PT2399 Noise Generator - Help with schematic to vero.

cjonesplay
I took the 5v source from a deep blue delay and added it here. Looks like fun, I’ll try and build it tomorrow.

Re: PT2399 Noise Generator - Help with schematic to vero.

spacefuzz74
NICE!!

I'll build tonight as well, and report back.  Thanks!

Re: PT2399 Noise Generator - Help with schematic to vero.

spacefuzz74
OK - I built this up, and it sort of works...however the PT2399 chip seems to lock up pretty quickly (this is a known issue with the PT2399).

Not quite as much noise as the demo video shows, but we're at a starting point...

Re: PT2399 Noise Generator - Help with schematic to vero.

Pedroga
It feels like I'm playing atari when I hear this ''pedal''

Did you do the double link of pin 3 & 4 to ground? Some research says that you have to add a circuit to pin 6 but I would check you are getting a full 5v on pin 1 and a solid ground throughout before experimenting further

Re: PT2399 Noise Generator - Help with schematic to vero.

cjonesplay
Finally got a chance to build this up and it’s just emitting a clicking noise. Others on the YouTube demo have similar results. I don’t think the OP included whatever IC3 is and I bet there’s more to the circuit. In any case, just build a Deep Blue Delay and send it into oscillation. It’s basically the same thing!