Paint pens/markers

Vince
Ok so I've really had enough of waterslide stuff.. the results can be great but it's just so time consuming and a long winded pain in the rear. I hammerite a lot which looks cool but that can get boring. I'm terrible with a paintbrush but not to bad with pens etc ... scored an A in art at school! was the only A I did get. I was looking at a set of Sharpies but would clear coat lacquer make the ink run? the other option is a 'proper' set which costs about £45! on fleaBay

Re: Paint pens/markers

This is of interest to me too.  I bought a Dremel engraver but I think I'm often too drunk to use it

Re: Paint pens/markers

Vince
Haha.. I bought and engraver pen ages ago.. I used it once.. the results looked like Mohammed Ali's autograph!

Re: Paint pens/markers

I'll just use it to put our postcode on the kids bikes

Re: Paint pens/markers

Milkit
Have you tried the Uniball Posca pens Vince?  I have a set & I'd recommend them to anyone, they're almost like a paint rather than ink.  They're also washable whilst wet so screw ups can be easily reworked.

I have a little powder coating system in my man cave which is so simple & easy to use, but with pro looking results!

The initial set up was expensive mind!
It's better to have it & not need it, than to need it & not have it!

Re: Paint pens/markers

Vince
Those were the ones I was checking out Milkit. I think I'll give them a try then. I would love to set up a powder coating system but I just don't have the room. Thanks for the pointer though mate ;)

Re: Paint pens/markers

What do you need to set up a powder coating system?

Re: Paint pens/markers

Milkit
This is the website I got mine from

But you'll also need an air compressor, doesn't need to be massive, this one will do

You'll also need something to cure it in. You can use a heat gun, but that can be a bit tedious.  I managed to score a baby Belling oven for a fiver on ebay that works a treat.  There are some blogs on the electrostatic website from other guys that have made little makeshift curing ovens too.
It's better to have it & not need it, than to need it & not have it!

Re: Paint pens/markers

dexxyy
Yeah, I'd like to know too, and how expensive?
If it wasn't for this website I would definitely have a life.

Re: Paint pens/markers

Madferret
+1 for Posca pens, I've got a mate who's a 'legitimate' graffiti artist, he does live shows etc, he swears by these for all his hand drawn stuff.

Re: Paint pens/markers

Milkit
In total it probably cost me around £700 as I bought a shit load of powders with my machine aswell. That cost includes my compressor, oven & a mig welder to make a jig so I could coat up to four enclosures at once.  I used some square hollow section, cut it to size & welded it to the oven rack.  That way I could earth the rack & not each individual work piece.  Probably a tad excessive, but..............

No wonder I couldn't afford my flying lessons!

Got the compressor, got a toaster oven so not such a huge outlay. How many enclosures would you expect to coat with 1/2 kilo of powder?
If it wasn't for this website I would definitely have a life.

Re: Paint pens/markers

Milkit
Cool man.  It really doesn't take that much to coat, so out of 1/2 kilo bag I reckon I'd get around 25-30 enclosures & lids/bottoms!  1590B

I'd recommend buying a sacrificial 'practice' bag too & try it on some scrap metal.  Once it's cured it can be a tw@ to get off again!
It's better to have it & not need it, than to need it & not have it!

Re: Paint pens/markers

dodido
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Paint pens/markers

alex.s
I remember Miro mentioned Uni Poscas are what his girlfriend uses for his creations which should be good enough an endorsement for anyone seen the results: click!