Pedal Museum in Iceland

Geiri
Hi guys, I've got this little project going on that I'm hoping some of you are interested in joining in on.

I've been contacting a bunch of builders and I've received an overwhelming amount of positive response. I'll just include the official text I've been sending to them:

"Hey guys! Asgeir from Pedal Projects here (www.pedalprojects.com). I want to tell you about this little project I'm working on.

In this town I live, there's a museum called "The Nonsense Museum" which features lots of smaller little "museums" or collections. There's a huge collection of police memorabilia, construction vehicle models, small alcohol bottles, bottle caps, pens and lots more.

My father in law owns this museum and he's given me the green light to add a pedal collection there. I'm currently contacting builders that I personally like a lot and I'm judging by the looks mainly. What also affects my choice is the location of the builder because I want the widest variety I can possibly find. I'd like to have pedals from all over the world.

I'm contacting these builders to see what kind of deal they're willing to make with me. A few guys have agreed to give me free pedals but I'm not expecting anyone to do so. For those who don't feel that it's worth giving for, I'm offering them to do a straight up pedal trade.

For those who may be willing to give, I will also offer to do some promotion, such as taking some nice photos and do video demos that I'll share on the social media. I can also put the video demo up on YouTube for you to use on your website if desired. I’m getting close to 12k followers on Instagram so there's a few people gonna see it. I’ve got about 1.050 subscribers on YouTube as well. This is a good opportunity to get some new followers and spread the word.

The reason I'm doing this collection is to get more music people to come here. There's less than 200 people in my town so we need all the tourism we can get.

Cheers!
"

So since this place is full of builders, I was wondering if any of you would like to join in on this? I'm happy to answer questions and even take suggestions to make it even better!
www.pedalprojects.com
www.facebook.com/pedalprojects

Re: Pedal Museum in Iceland

i'm working on getting my company official launched the week, website is being finished as we speak, but i would love to get something out to you. it would be a real honor to get something in for the museum. hope my latest is good enough. shoot me an email with the info, and i'll put something together for you ASAP.

Re: Pedal Museum in Iceland

Silver Blues
I think this is a sick idea in every aspect, but I don't think I have anything to contribute

Re: Pedal Museum in Iceland

Synsound
That sounds like it could be pretty sweet. I have some extras but they are all clones. I would be open to trading if you see something you like. If not, no worries and best of luck.

DAM Sonic Titan

Christine oscillating fuzz AKA Insane Fuzz

ZVEX Box Of Rock

Lovepedal Amp 11

Black Arts Toneworks Black Forest

Give a man a match and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Re: Pedal Museum in Iceland

Hi Geiri, as I mentioned to you, I hope to be in the Westfjords in early August. I can bring something along for you.

Tell you what - I will donate my first Germanium Giant, seeing as I was the the guy who had the original idea to Germify the Green Giant, and first to get one boxed up.

Germanium Giant

That way, I can make a contribution on behalf of many guys here, as well as myself.

Re: Pedal Museum in Iceland

Luke51411
This is a really cool idea. I could probably come up with something to contribute. My builds are all pretty much clones as well with a tweak or two occasionally. I post most of my builds on my facebook page https://www.facebook.com/45thParallelFX

Re: Pedal Museum in Iceland

alex.s
I don't make particularly esthetically pleasing pedals so I'm sure you'd do much better looking elsewhere for submission, but the museum would be just one more reason to go back to Iceland, which I've wanted to since I came back from my first visit!

In fact, I've just finished talking about Iceland with a friend this very second...! Whereabout is your town?

Re: Pedal Museum in Iceland

Geiri
@rocket88 - I would love to get something from you and if you open up an Instagram account, I'll give you a shout which will give you lots of new followers. It's great to get the ball rolling. I will do a demo for all the pedals I get as well so you can use that for your website if you like it. Could you email me? info@pedalprojects.com

@Silver_blues - If you really want to be involved in this, I'm happy to take in any kind of pedal, small, big, ugly, beautiful

@Synsound - I'd love to take one in from you! I think the choice should be up to you. I've been asking builders to choose what they feel looks good or should be on display. I feel that I'll get more dynamics and variety that way. I think it's best if you email me, if you want to join in!

@beaker - That would be awesome! If you want to send it beforehand and that way I'm more likely to have a bigger collection so that when you visit, the display may very well be up. It's up to you!

@luke51411 - I'd be happy to get something from you! Do you have something ready or want to make a new one? Also, do you have an Instagram account? It's a great way to get noticed!

@alex.s - Honestly, it's not a beauty contest. I think the more difference between pedals, the better!
www.pedalprojects.com
www.facebook.com/pedalprojects

Re: Pedal Museum in Iceland

Geiri
My town is called Flateyri, look it up and you'll find plenty of info!
www.pedalprojects.com
www.facebook.com/pedalprojects

Re: Pedal Museum in Iceland

Freppo
The pedal museum is a very cool idea! :)

I would like to contribute by sending you one of my Arcadiators, if you are interested. I'm releasing it as my first official pedal soon. Right now i'm building 50 of them. I'm taking a chance here, spent just about all the money I own on them, so any promotion is welcome. :)

I posted a few pictures of it here:
http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=21841.0

/ Fredrik
check out my building blog at www.parasitstudio.se

Re: Pedal Museum in Iceland

Well alright, I suppose I could give it a shot nevertheless, I would love to participate...  I've been toying with the idea of starting up some kind of small production of my designs, after they get a thorough test for satisfaction... I'll probably send you a Poinsettia if that's ok. Let's see if I can make that one without random ground loops

Re: Pedal Museum in Iceland

Geiri
@freppo - I'd be honoured! I've seen the pedal and there's an Australian guy who did a build report on your Arcadiator and I was very intrigued by it. Do you offer the PCB for sale as well? I'd like one for myself to build since the original one goes in a cabinet for display.
I recommend you make an instagram account for your builds asap and get the word out that way. It's a very effective scene!

@silver_blues - Yes please, I think it's more interesting to have lesser known builders than the big ones, although I'm still trying to get some bigger names in the bunch. They usually have a stock of stuff so it's easier for them to spare.
www.pedalprojects.com
www.facebook.com/pedalprojects

Re: Pedal Museum in Iceland

i was thinking that one of my modified russian muffs would be a good choice.

i'm totally down for having a demo made, i have to make an instagram, it's on the list list week. i'll email you when i get home, my phone's being a pain.

Re: Pedal Museum in Iceland

Geiri
That one looks awesome! I think we should move this to email, if you want in?

Info@pedalprojects.com
www.pedalprojects.com

@rocket88 - That pedal looks killer!

@Geiri - Cool! My instagram user is 'parasitstudio'. I have PCB's aswell for the arcadiator. The first batch is reserved for my own builds, but I should get a new batch soon that I will put up for sale in my webshop. I'll send you a PCB together with the pedal, or maybe a few more aswell if you are interested in trading? I have a few different ones of my original designs and there are a few more coming soon. Check out my shop at www.parasitstudio.se :) I'll let you know when I have a pedal ready for you.

Cheers
check out my building blog at www.parasitstudio.se

Re: Pedal Museum in Iceland

thanks Fredrick, glad you like it. it took forever to design, and i'm really really happy with how it turned out.

Re: Pedal Museum in Iceland

Muadzin
So......, how would this museum look like? All pedals just on display, behind glass, kinda really boring. Or all pedals you can play with? I can picture it in my mind, rows upon rows of pedals, each row connected into a headphone amp with a headphone you can put on, with a guitar loop being played through the pedals which you can turn on and off and adjust to your heart's content.

Man, that would be so sweet!