Perf+

skeletonghost
I found this interesting project on Hackaday Perf+

It's a kind of dual sided veroboard with strips running vertically on one side, and horizontal on the other. So a kind of hybrid type board.

What do you think? Is this interesting or merely gimmick?

Re: Perf+

I think that's really interesting. If you think about it, these could be used to basically creat a circuit like we see on etched pcbs. I think this would be a bit of a pain to work with at first, but could have a lot of potential.

Re: Perf+

Yeaaah I saw this too. It looks like an interesting concept but I agree it seems a little difficult to work with.

Re: Perf+

So every pad is connected?

Re: Perf+

Frank_NH
"So every pad is connected?"

Yep, in a grid arrangement.  I don't understand this design as it would appear to require a LOT of cuts to isolate components and connections.

Re: Perf+

dexxyy
Yeah, you`d need at least 1 cut for every component, an average IC would need around 10 cuts, cuts between transistor legs etc, and that's only to separate the components from themselves, you then need path cuts. The only real potential for me is the potential for heartache debugging this stuff.
If it wasn't for this website I would definitely have a life.

Re: Perf+

induction
Actually, none of the pads are initially connected. The pads are isolated from the strips until yoy connect them with a dab of solder. From the website: "red is solder, yellow are the points that you want to connect."

It might be useful, I don't know. I'm happy with vero.