Pete Cornish NG-3

andy-h-h
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Pete Cornish NG-3

Mark SL
Move the top of that far right 100K down two and move the bottoms of 100nf and 1n4148 up one and it will be correct according to the pedalpcb schem.

Re: Pete Cornish NG-3

andy-h-h
Yeah - I posted the incorrect layout by mistake.   Correct layout now posted

Re: Pete Cornish NG-3

Mark SL
This new layout is also incorrect as per the schematic. I made it as is and then with the appropriate changes and it doesn’t work either way. I think if you go back to the original layout and make the couple of changes I listed, then It works and sounds great.

Re: Pete Cornish NG-3

andy-h-h
I’ve looked at it again, and to my eyes it’s as per the schematic.   I’ve built a few of these, and it works just fine.  The 100k resistor doesn’t connect to the base of q4 on the schem.   Is that what you mean?  It connects in between the diode and 100n can from Q3 collector.

Re: Pete Cornish NG-3

Mark SL
I spotted two differences from the pedalpcb schematic. A 470k resistor near one of the first couple transistors and no resistor on the bias wiper. I had more luck with the original layout. Would you mind posting that or possibly emailing it to me?

Re: Pete Cornish NG-3

andy-h-h
Well I must have screwed up my versions - yes, definitely missing the 470k.  The additional resistor on the bias was an intentional addition for the external pot.  It basically reduces the bias range so that it doesn’t switch off.  I’ll try and find the one I should have posted.