Pete Cornish SS-3 Soft Sustain

andy-h-h
It works...   Trace from aion electronics, thread on FSB (including another Cornish compressor)

I ran a seperate power supply for the buffer in the end, which is easy enough to do.  I'm sure you will work our how to do it if you want to build it this way.

Re: Pete Cornish SS-3 Soft Sustain

solderholic_JPN
Oh! cool!
I want to build SS-3 soon soon.

Re: Pete Cornish SS-3 Soft Sustain

andy-h-h
Hi Solderholic,

Thank you for your contributions, as they are most helpful.  Any suggestions on good places to visit in Japan, as I will be in Japan with my family over Christmas.  I am visiting Tokyo, Hakuba and Kyoto.

I've also found that soft clipping works well on this circuit.  You seem to be very knowledgable, I'm sure you will work this out without explanation.

Re: Pete Cornish SS-3 Soft Sustain

solderholic_JPN
Very very thanks !!  I’m making Pete Cornish SS-3 Soft Sustain by your info.
The parts arrives next Tuesday.

Info of Kyoto
I work in Karasuma Oike, Kyoto.
I’ll inform you information of Kyoto.
I recommend “Owari -ya” ,if you and your family are  without an allergy to soba.
https://honke-owariya.co.jp/en/whatisowariya/
https://honke-owariya.co.jp/en/shop/
There is” Nichicon” of the Japanese celebrity condenser maker near “Owari -ya”.
https://www.nichicon.co.jp/english/index.html

There is near to “Kyouto-Gosho”(Kyoto Imperial Palace), Nijo-jo Castle, MANGA(comics) museum.

I recommend “Kuro-Shichimi “of Hara-ryou-kaku (Seasoning of Japanese noodles) as Kyoto souvenir.
http://www.hararyoukaku.co.jp/lineup/yakumi.html
You can purchase “Kuro-Shichimi “ in 3 shops of Kyoto.
http://www.hararyoukaku.co.jp/shop/

Re: Pete Cornish SS-3 Soft Sustain

andy-h-h
Thank you Solderholic for the recommendations, they look great (we love soba).  We are staying near Shosei-en Garden Kikoku-tei, so it should not be too far to travel to see the palace and castle.

Just try the diode combinations on a breadboard first if you can, as there are so many options possible.  It may be that you only like a couple of options, so you could drop it down to a simpler switching system.  I started with a simple soft or hard clip switch, and I then got carried away with the idea.   It is still possible to do the simple switch on the same layout, I left the possibilities as open as possible.

Re: Pete Cornish SS-3 Soft Sustain

solderholic_JPN
Hello andy.
I'm making SS-3 of your info.
I did not make FX with  buffer.
I thought about the connection of your SS-3 board and buffer board like a figure.
Please tell me if wrong.

Re: Pete Cornish SS-3 Soft Sustain

andy-h-h
This post was updated on .
Hello Solderholic, I hope all is well.

You want the signal from the input jack to go directly to the buffer first, then out of the buffer to the input of the circuit.  The output of the buffer also goes to the switch.  The switch swaps between the buffered output and the volume pot.   There are some problems with the way you have the signal flowing in your layout - you have added another buffer, which is not needed.   The layout already has a buffer, so you do not have to include another.  The signal also loops in a way that does not work.

You can see how it works here on the G2  http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-DSD3O8O8mx8/U5rGpCi5KgI/AAAAAAAAHzQ/u5fPoB7Dgwo/s1600/Cornish+G2+bypass+buffer+wiring.png

I've made a smaller layout for you without the buffer if you would prefer to keep them seperate.  I have not tested this, but it looks right.

I have added the Jack Orman LED mod too, just because I like it.  Easy to remove if you don't.  Link here http://www.muzique.com/lab/led.htm

Here's a version with the buffer included (no daughter board required)

Re: Pete Cornish SS-3 Soft Sustain

solderholic_JPN
Thank you andy!!
Your layout already has a buffer!!
I did not notice it. I'm lacking in study.
From tomorrow evening, I do the work of the continuance.

Re: Pete Cornish SS-3 Soft Sustain

solderholic_JPN
This post was updated on .
Hello,andy.
I just made SS3 by your info SS3.
Very Good Cool Sound!!! Very Very NOISELESS!!!
Thank you for your advices.

Re: Pete Cornish SS-3 Soft Sustain

andy-h-h
Happy to help Solderholic.  That's a lot of work you have done - it looks great.