Pitch Pirate Deluxe Vero - Verified

Re: Pitch Pirate Deluxe Vero - Verified

Greedy_Fly
I counted only 43 cuts ... on second layout
???

Re: Pitch Pirate Deluxe Vero - Verified

Kinski
Hi adapt, I just built your fantastic layout. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

One thing, I believe DELAY TIME 3 should be relabeled DELAY TIME 1, as my delay was working in reverse from a standard delay control. But maybe thats how it is on the original?

Re: Pitch Pirate Deluxe Vero - Verified

adapt
haha, i had to come back to reference this layout and just noticed your message. i did 10-check this and it was right so the schematic must be wrong and DT 1 and 3 are switched. i ended up switching them on mine back then anyway and forgot to update the layout. also the indicator LED is kind of noisy so i'm gonna try to fix that using AMZ method.

Re: Pitch Pirate Deluxe Vero - Verified

Kinski
Whats the AMZ method?

I have a bit of ticking as well. Nothing terrible, but would be nice to get rid of it. I was gonna try a differnt IC. Maybe a LT062 or something and see if that fixes it.

Re: Pitch Pirate Deluxe Vero - Verified

adapt
AMZ method is to take the 10k leading to LED+ and make it 8.2k, then from that, run a 10uf to ground, and also a 390R resistor to LED+.

here is the link for that: http://www.muzique.com/lab/led.htm

the pop isn't so bad on mine either but yeah, would be nice to eliminate it.

Re: Pitch Pirate Deluxe Vero - Verified

Kinski
Oh, i don't have an on/off pop from the pedal. I have a small ticking with the LFO.

Re: Pitch Pirate Deluxe Vero - Verified

Kinski
FYI, ticking completely cured by replacing 4558 with 062.

Re: Pitch Pirate Deluxe Vero - Verified

Hozy31
Just built this and am finding it a really great pedal. Used adapt's layout and a VTL5C1 for the vactrol. Had problems at first and then found out i have two batches of LM386s one lot work the first lot i tried didn't. Looks like i have managed to pick up some dodgy chips. Anyway, will get lots of joy from this one. Cheers adapt and Mark SL. Must add i get ticking but i don't see a way of preventing that and it doesn't bug me too much.
"Red velvet lines the black box"

Re: Pitch Pirate Deluxe Vero - Verified

tabbycat
hey hozy, that's just the kind of feedback i needed to hear re this one. am hoping to finish soldering up this evening.

i only have LM386N-3, is that what you used? i have a few so can sort through if the circuit is picky.
am also hoping to use NSL32 vactrol. otherwise it will be the hit and miss of LED/LDR combos.

Re: Pitch Pirate Deluxe Vero - Verified

Kinski
I just threw in a random 386 chip from my bin and a tayda LDR and worked it great.

Hey tabbycat, i think this will work with any of the LM386 chips. I suspect one of my batches is fake as i am sure i have had problems with that batch before. Tayda LDR should work fine for this as quoted by others.

Hope you get this one working tabbycat. Been messing with mine for the last two nights and its great if you like weird sounds. I am getting some great sounds out of it.
"Red velvet lines the black box"

Re: Pitch Pirate Deluxe Vero - Verified

tabbycat
verified +whatever. get in. cocteaus-a-go-go.

big thanks for vero adapt, and for the replies re vactrol and 386 hozy and kinski.

i used vactrol nsl32 http://www.farnell.com/datasheets/16352.pdf and LM386N-3.
i also subbed a 2K pot instead of a 1K for wave as it seemed to give a little bit more scope.

i don't have a dual 50k for blend a/b so am running 2x 50k as separates.
it there any overwhelming technical reason for getting a dual pot in, apart from reducing general knobbage?

Re: Pitch Pirate Deluxe Vero - Verified

Beaker
Ha, just watching the Cocteau Twins on the telly! What a band, what a voice.

Re: Pitch Pirate Deluxe Vero - Verified

Boba7
Hey tabbycat, how does the nsl32 work in the circuit? Happy with it? I have one left in my drawer, maybe I could use it for the Pitch Pirate! Thanks! :)

Re: Pitch Pirate Deluxe Vero - Verified

squirrels
Got this one built tonight... everything works except the speed pot and the LED doesn't flash. It responds to the wave pot though... Any ideas or help would be appreciated. Thanks. I used Adapt's layout.

Re: Pitch Pirate Deluxe Vero - Verified

squirrels
I took the voltages down if anyone had second and saw something wrong. All pots at maximum. The problem is with the speed and wave pots and the LED not pulsing. Everything else seems to work OK, just not getting any tremolo. Any help would be appreciated.

LM386
1: 1.26
2: 0
3: 0
4: 0
5: 4.16
6: 8.58
7: 4.28
8: 1.26

PT2399
1: 4.92
2: 2.45
3: 0
4: 0
5: -5.25 (fluctuates)
6: 2.24
7: 4.49
8: 4.47
9: 0.14
10: 4.17
11: 4.2
12: .15
13: 2.43
14: 4.8
15: 0.08
16: 5.5

TL062
1: 7.36
2: 1.11
3: 4.25
4: 0
5: 2.49
6: 4.25
7: 2.03
8: 8.58

78L05
I: 8.58
G: 0
O: 4.92

Re: Pitch Pirate Deluxe Vero - Verified

squirrels
This post was updated on .
I only counted 43 cuts as well.

EDIT: Got it working, replaced the 100k resistor betweem pins 5 and 7 and it fixed the issue... works great. I fried my TL062 and replaced it with an NE5532, gotta check for clock noise in the morning.

i love this thing. However, I find the repeats a bit unfiltered, and because of that, a bit noisy. How could I filter the repeats a bit more to get rid of that 2399 hiss?
KT

Re: Pitch Pirate Deluxe Vero - Verified

KT
I think you could make the two 1nf at the 2399 2.2nf. I'm gonna try this to because mine could also use more filtering.
123