Pladask Elektrisk Gjengangar

Addy Bart
Any interest in the Pladask Elektrisk Gjengangar?

Re: Pladask Elektrisk Gjengangar

bogey
I've no idea what that is or what it does but that is a COOL name for a pedal

Re: Pladask Elektrisk Gjengangar

GrooveChampion
Its a gated delay....thing....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Nms08DILdQ

Re: Pladask Elektrisk Gjengangar

Addy Bart
Good description! Here's another demo showing the functions:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYbz748Gqkk#t=0.885333

Re: Pladask Elektrisk Gjengangar

Addy Bart
I'm working on a layout for this and I'm wondering about D4 and D5 (the red and white LEDs in the Gate section) on the top right of the schematic...

Can someone say if those are LEDs go on the outside of the enclosure, or are they meant to stay inside? I'm guessing it's the latter, but it would be good to be sure before I upload something.

Cheers.

Re: Pladask Elektrisk Gjengangar

Zanius

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Nms08DILdQ

There are two leds on the pedal's face. One for bypass and another for gate. So, D5 is the "gate" led and should be connected to go on the enclosure (or not, not really useful).
Haven't studied the schematic  but I think the white leds D4 and D6 should probably face the ldr.

*EDIT:
Noticed that D4 is apparently the bypass led marked on the schem, so by deduction, only D6 should be paired with the ldr.

Re: Pladask Elektrisk Gjengangar

Addy Bart
Thank you Zanius, I'll make some changes tonight. Hopefully get this thing up soon!

Re: Pladask Elektrisk Gjengangar

Addy Bart
This post was updated on .
Here's a layout with the changes knutolai made to his first schematic. Can someone say if I've correctly understood how the LDR and Feedback pot should be?

Changes to the first schematic are covered here:
http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=107199.0

And knutolai recorded a nice little demo of the pedal:
https://soundcloud.com/knutolai/gjengangar-demo-1

Being the prototype, it's a little different to the finished Gjengangar... I would have liked to have tried adding a Tails option but I think the layout is too big already. It's my first attempt at putting a schematic onto vero so I hope things are correct! Be great if someone can give it a once-over.

Re: Pladask Elektrisk Gjengangar

Addy Bart
Regarding the send and return: shall I add this? I'm thinking to use 5458s as they seem to work just as good as other jfets plus Tayda still stock them.

http://tagboardeffects.blogspot.no/2012/02/split-n-blend.html

I'm guessing that the Send and Return points on the Gjengangar go to the In and Out points on the Split 'n' Blend?

Re: Pladask Elektrisk Gjengangar

PauLuzz
I am rather interested in this too... Seems like a good chance to learn something about gates and PT2399s. I also made a layout, but I will give yours a look to see if I can spot any glaring errors.
I actually think that the red LED needs to be coupled with the LDR, I think I see two white LEDs on the outside in the photo of the prototype on diysb and the red LED and LDR are both marked GATE on the schematic.
Maybe putting the split n blend circuit in the feedback loop might not be a good way of implementing the mix function. It's already an external loop, so I would think that there is a clean path elsewhere. Mixing clean signal in again through the loop might give some unwanted results. Hope that makes sense, I am also still trying to wrap my head around a lot that going on in this circuit.
Also, there is the tab marked "delay input" coming off of pin 15 of the PT2399. I'm not really sure if that is supposed to go anywhere, it seems like it does...

Re: Pladask Elektrisk Gjengangar

Addy Bart
Thanks for your thoughts, Paul. You're right, it is clearly white LEDs mounted on the front of the prototype. Well spotted. Hmmm, the Delay Input... I think it's already connected to the Return isnt it? I've never done anything with an effects loop before though. Yes, there's a fair amount of new things here for me too, but this looks like a fun way to learn them.

Seeing as the prototype lacks a blend or mix pot, I guess a look at the Deluxe Pitch Pirate again would be an idea. I'll try and get some changes done this week when I get a moment. Cheers.

Re: Pladask Elektrisk Gjengangar

Addy Bart
This post was updated on .
Here's the updated layout. I'm not sure how best to make a mix control... Perhaps someone can suggest something? In the meantime, I'll upload this to the Unverified section.

Re: Pladask Elektrisk Gjengangar

mercury6
this is awesome. and u are awesome. they get some really cool sounds from yhis in the ppedalsandeffects  video. always wanted a gated delay. I find being able to control feedback via exp usefull

Re: Pladask Elektrisk Gjengangar

BetterOffShred
So the production version of that pedal is different from the schematic.  I read that whole thread and he ended up moving to something different which he didn't post.   Knut is a really cool dude though and I wonder if he would share it now that he doesn't make this one anymore.  I asked him to custom shop me one and he said nah.

I'd like to see if this one works at all, I had saved the schematic years ago too.
Looking forward to hearing about it!

Re: Pladask Elektrisk Gjengangar

tomeunknown
Has anyone successfully attempted this build? :)