Please - JHS, Thorpyfx, Keeley and more!!!!

Please - JHS, Thorpyfx, Keeley and more!!!!

Teddeeh
This post was updated on .
Hi, i know people have thier stigma over JHS.
But is anyone willing to attempt the angry charlie v3 and charlie brown v4, and possibly a couple of otherd? Schematics are in eqch page. I know there are “versions but i think that stigma and peoples biases aside these would be phenominal additions to the community.
https://www.pedalpcb.com/product/angrycharles/

Charlie brown v4
https://www.pedalpcb.com/product/vanpelt/

Here we have the thorpyfx muffroomcloud!!!
https://www.pedalpcb.com/product/pyrocumulus/

Fulltone mas malo
https://www.pedalpcb.com/product/speedygonzales/

EQD - dunes
https://www.pedalpcb.com/docs/Oasis.pdf

Keeey magnetic echo
https://www.pedalpcb.com/product/magnetrondelay/

Re: Please - JHS, Thorpyfx, Keeley and more!!!!

PMowdes

You'll notice there is no schematic for the Thorpy Muffroom cloud.  I'm pretty sure this was at the request of Adrian Thorpe, so no vero.

Re: Please - JHS, Thorpyfx, Keeley and more!!!!

Mulekicker
I'd love to see the Dunes.
MAO

Re: Please - JHS, Thorpyfx, Keeley and more!!!!

MAO
I'm laid up again with another surgery, so will probably be knocking out some layouts next few weeks.

These look like a good place to start...I'm on them tomorrow, unless otherwise noted.

Dunes and Charley Brown

Mike
1978 Gibson Les Paul Standard, Cherry Sunburst

Re: Please - JHS, Thorpyfx, Keeley and more!!!!

Addy Bart
Hey Mike, don’t worry about the Dunes - there’s vero & perf board layouts already.
MAO

Re: Please - JHS, Thorpyfx, Keeley and more!!!!

MAO
This post was updated on .
Thanks for the heads up!
I'll work on the Charlie Brown...
1978 Gibson Les Paul Standard, Cherry Sunburst

Re: Please - JHS, Thorpyfx, Keeley and more!!!!

BetterOffShred
But feel free to nail that rebote 3.0 ..  just sayin.
MAO

Holy cow, looks like I'll need to be off the pain meds for that one!

Awww sorry to hear you're laid up again man.  I built a couple of your layouts from the leg incident.
MAO

Re: Please - JHS, Thorpyfx, Keeley and more!!!!

MAO
Thanks, hope those worked out well.

Had 2 discs removed from my neck this time, most likely caused from that same accident. After 9 months of pain, finally realised they wouldn't heal on their own, had them taken out.

I'll let you know about the robote 3 in that thread...
1978 Gibson Les Paul Standard, Cherry Sunburst
MAO

Re: Please - JHS, Thorpyfx, Keeley and more!!!!

MAO
Charlie Brown V4

Might want to mount this one rotated CCW as it is 23 rows wide. Plus the offboard wiring will be tidier if rotated CCW.

I put extra grounds for the input and stomp switch on both edges for easy access depending on mounting position.

There is a 100k that spans 3 rows. Use a 1/8 watt if you have one, otherwise you could bend one the legs back underneath or have the 100k stand up a bit.

1978 Gibson Les Paul Standard, Cherry Sunburst

Re: Please - JHS, Thorpyfx, Keeley and more!!!!

velouriafx

Mao, you're the best. I did maintenance on a Charlie Brown and I really liked the pedal. BTW you even did some layout for Anderton's Phase Shifter without the Envelope? I was intrigued by that pedal. I really liked Phaser, but I had problems with the envelope.
MAO

Re: Please - JHS, Thorpyfx, Keeley and more!!!!

MAO
Thanks for the kind words velouriafx, here is the Anderton Phase Shifter without the Envelope Filter.

http://guitar-fx-layouts.42897.x6.nabble.com/Craig-Anderton-Phase-Shifter-tp44100.html

You might want to check out this feature rich phaser too.

http://tagboardeffects.blogspot.com/2018/09/blackout-effectors-whetstone-phaser.html
1978 Gibson Les Paul Standard, Cherry Sunburst

Re: Please - JHS, Thorpyfx, Keeley and more!!!!

GrooveChampion
Am I tripping balls or is the Charlie Brown V4 has gain stages similar to the Hard On/Box of Rock?

Re: Please - JHS, Thorpyfx, Keeley and more!!!!

Mulekicker
It is JHS we're talkin bout.

Re: Please - JHS, Thorpyfx, Keeley and more!!!!

velouriafx
I built MAO layout and it doesn't have sound. I quickly compared it with the schematic, but i don't find any problem. Anyone verified it?

Re: Please - JHS, Thorpyfx, Keeley and more!!!!

HamishR
Here is my take on the Angry Charlie.  I modded mine a bit so I have just changed a few things back to the stock values - I hope I got all of them.  It definitely works because i have built it. It's a pretty good pedal.

Re: Please - JHS, Thorpyfx, Keeley and more!!!!

beavis
Hi HamishR do you have the buying list of your angry charlie V3? i need to know the voltage of the capacitor and the resistance os the resistors 1/4w 1/8w?

Re: Please - JHS, Thorpyfx, Keeley and more!!!!

simon ff
They've recently added the schematics to all the thorpyfx pedals.

https://www.pedalpcb.com/docs/GuardianOD.pdf

https://www.pedalpcb.com/docs/Pyrocumulus.pdf