Preamps (Request)

Silver Blues

Try a 24 or 27 ohm for that 24.3 ohm resistor. That's a terribly specific value, and I'm not sure why.

Re: Preamps (Request)

TFletcher
Built the cae sound cb-2. Sounds good but I'm not noticing the tonal improvement on lower guitar volume settings that I did on the warren Haynes les Paul. I'll play it for a while and maybe try one of the others soon.
Thanks again

Re: Preamps (Request)

Silver Blues
Glad to hear it's working.  what kind of improvement are you seeking?

Re: Preamps (Request)

zosotone
Nice work Silver Blues!

Re: Preamps (Request)

TFletcher
I have a warren haynes les paul and when you turn on the cae cb-2 it is really noticable. With that guitar it really brings back the "10" sound when you're volume is half way or where ever. On the guitar I just installed  the cb-2 I built it wasn't as noticeable. However the guitar has really nice pots, caps and pickups so maybe it just doesn't need it. However I just unplugged the battery from it and the guitar didn't go silent. The sound changed a little but unless I'm wrong that should kill any sound from the guitar to the amp when the circuit is in line. Any thoughts

Re: Preamps (Request)

zosotone
This is from Grateful Dead Music Forum:

Your circuit is WRONG! After studying the high res photo again, I found an error with your published circuit. Your placement of the 100 Ohm resistor is not correct. It does not sit between Pin 6 and the Output cap, it sits between V+ and Pin 1 of the opamp. It is supply the input offset voltage for the inverting loop.

Can this help?

http://www.rukind.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=346&t=9984&sid=23fe1abf0f2ea1b0df4dd4625c5d2ebf&start=45

Re: Preamps (Request)

Silver Blues
Wow, there's a lot of aggression going on in that thread. What I gleaned from that was that the schematic from which I did the layouts is incorrect? That might explain why your pre doesn't work quite as you expect.

Try the fix zosotone posted and see if it helps, if it does I'll be glad to redo the layout.

Re: Preamps (Request)

TFletcher
thanks guys. I figured I had a 50/50 shot of the schematic being right. Mainly because the way those guys are at each others throats over something so small. I'll fix it tonight and report back.

Re: Preamps (Request)

TFletcher
well there isn't a 100ohm resistor in the schematic for the cb-2 so I'm at a loss at the moment. I'll look into it further. I'm not home (where I have a cb-2) I'll have to get it out and report back when I am.

Re: Preamps (Request)

Silver Blues
I think he might have meant the 10 ohm, judging by the description of the location.