Question for Mark & Mirosol

iggy
Have you guys made a instructional on breaking down a curcuit and how to mod up a curcuit? Maybe I missed it on here. If not, is that something you might be able to do. So some of us noobs can learn a bit more about how some of these curcuits work. Even something basic, that we might be able to apply to different curcuits. Maybe do a tutorial on something like the BD2 or TS. TS must be fairly easy to work with. Since there are a million versions on the market. Thanks guys.

Re: Question for Mark & Mirosol

Dave
The problem is with this is that different circuit work in different ways so there is no 'general' way of doing a mod, its very circuit specific. Maybe Mark and Miro will come up with something but to be honest you're better off searching for mods described for your circuit of interest.
Thanks
Dave

Re: Question for Mark & Mirosol

dodido
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Question for Mark & Mirosol

GoranP

@iggy:

Brian Wampler has two books that do exactly what you need. The first one explains in great detail all the building blocks of an effect and the second one gives you real world examples while modding real-world pedals.

Since the books are out of print, I understand that Brian has given permissions on FSB (I think) to freely download the copies. Here:

Wampler books

Some good stuff...

Re: Question for Mark & Mirosol

I'd recommend anyone interested in this goes to Geofex and prints out:

The Technology of a Tubescreamer
The Technology of a Fuzz Face
The Technology of a Phase Shifter

Especially the first two, I still refer the them often.  The Tubescreamer one is particularly useful IMO because it can be related to a lot of opamp effects and explains how the gain in calculated, what the filters are doing etc.

Re: Question for Mark & Mirosol

GoranP

Excellent resources, Mark!

Thanks for that, there's some light reading for those lazy summer days on the beach...

Thanks for all the suggestions. I'll go take a look for Wampler books and the Geofex stuff. Just what i was looking for.

Re: Question for Mark & Mirosol

iggy
Thanks for the great recommendations. I had a chance to read some of the Geofex stuff. Absolutely right on for what I needed. I would also recommend those articules for anyone looking to learn more about how these circuits work. And they are a great primer for learning to mod circuits.Thanks again.