Recommend me a compressor

Re: Recommend me a compressor

Marbles
This page has a lot of descriptions and mini reviews:

http://www.ovnilab.com/

Re: Recommend me a compressor

strassercaster
I never really cared for compressors . Then I started making anything and everything. I did a Keeley 4 knob a Ross and dynacomp one  week. The next week I did the DOD 280 and the Orange squeezer. I stopped after the orange squeezer. I think it is the most transparent. It can do some squishing but its isnt as hissy. I now get compressors in my young days I hated them. They can be great for clean playing  i still rarely use one for a solo boost but the dyna ross and keeley are great for that. Im gonna make a philosophers Tone next month had to order a couple of things to make it. Oddball chip mainly.The DOD 280 was a pleasant suprize it is just as good in its own right  . Have fun

Re: Recommend me a compressor

Marbles
I sorta have the same :)

Never ever bought one, cause I thought: How the hell can this be good? It squashes your guitar signal, a little or a lot, but that should be the basic functionality, I don't want that at all. If I would use one, the best setting would be 'off' to have the most dynamics.

But after hearing a lot of good things about the Diamond, and what it does when making soundscapes (better repeats, volume pedal that has more signal to work with etc) I too thought: What the hell, I will build everything eventually anyway. Good break from yet another tinny, gatey fuzz :)

And enjoying what it does to my signal. It boosts it in a very pleasant way and is super quiet.

Re: Recommend me a compressor

Addy Bart
This looks like a good resource. Thanks for sharing.
12